What's new

Looking for parts for an Ecowater System

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I currently have an Ecowater Systems Model 320 FB/C. It's a SuperFlow model with 2" input/output connections. I'm told this model is now extinct and parts are hard to come by.

The black head is malfunctioning and not closing the main valves (don't know if it's the diaphragms or rubber seals), thus the regeneration process isn't working. Does anyone have an old black head lying around, and or parts for one they'd be willing to get rid of?

Buying a new softener system seems awfully drastic and expensive.

Thanks in advance.

mac

Reaction score
Another option for you: Sounds like with a 2" ports you are softening all of your water. You can downsize the softener drastically if you just soften the water used to mix chemicals and for RO.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll poke around this site to see if they have any parts for it.

Yes - I'm softening 100% of the water coming into the wash. I want to reduce/eliminate any buildup in the lines to minimize maintenance. The city tap water is 7-8 grains of hardness, which I believe they categorize that as medium hardness.

Mep - if I do have to replace, I will check that site out. The quotes I'm getting back to replace what I have are quite a bit more expensive than what I was thinking I'd have to pay.

Sprocket - Windtrax can no longer get the parts for it. I live 30min from their location and frequent that place nearly as much as the local gas station! So I've asked around there to try to troubleshoot it too. Thanks!

ProCarWashes

Reaction score
Jeff, there is a guy in Topeka that has some parts for Eco. He doesn't sell the brand anymore but does have some left over parts that he would love to get rid of. Let me know and I'll find his number. Galen

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Jeff, there is a guy in Topeka that has some parts for Eco. He doesn't sell the brand anymore but does have some left over parts that he would love to get rid of. Let me know and I'll find his number. Galen
Hey Galen! Haven't heard from you in awhile. That'd be great, PM me his name and number and I'll give him a call. I have two quotes to replace the system so far, and I'm just not willing to spend that amount at this time.

Thanks! - Jeff

MEP001

Reaction score
Are your quotes from softener companies? They're usually outrageous in price compared to buying a softener yourself and paying a local plumber to hook it up. One guy showed me a bill for almost $600 for a USED head on a charcoal filter when I could've gotten him a whole new unit for less than $200.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Are your quotes from softener companies? They're usually outrageous in price compared to buying a softener yourself and paying a local plumber to hook it up. One guy showed me a bill for almost $600 for a USED head on a charcoal filter when I could've gotten him a whole new unit for less than $200.
Two are from softener companies, Culligan & Kinetico, and the third from a distributor. I expected the first quote to be high, just because of the name. I would rather just by a new head for my system or parts if I can find them.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can likely screw a new Fleck head onto your existing tank(s).