What's new

Looking for ideas on Vending

intsupply

Reaction score
Am looking at adding vending at my automatic car wash in the form of selling car care products. Looking at a combo vending machine that sells car care products and soda pop. Would love to hear your thoughts on what the best selling car care products you folks are selling. Also, I am wondering how weather elements will affect the machine (rain, snow, etc.) Machine type I am looking at is a LCM Glassfront Machine. Thanks in advance for your knowledge!

Happycarz

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and look at the ShurVend. It's weatherproof, vandalproof, accepts credit cards, gaurenteed product delivery and unbelievable support. I know, I have 3 of them. They now come plug and play - bolt the security cage to the ground (the vender is mounted in the cage) plug in the electric cord and start vending the preloaded items. Simple and painless.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have several of the LCM machines and they are fine, but I had to do a lot of minor mods to get them to vend car wash products reliably. I wasn't aware that they offered a combo soda/snack machine. If I were shopping for a machine now I would also look to ShurVend. That machine is designed for our industry and it's products. It is also much more secure and has the guaranteed delivery that my LCM machines don't have.

BTW, they also support this forum and Jim and Leslie are just overall great people.

Oh, you should probably post this in the Self-Serve or General section to get more replies.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Bill, the LCM is a model series within a certain brand of machines. I think the LCM series has been discontinued for several years and the brand name is totally different. I intentionally didn't mention the brand name since Jim is a forum supporter.

intsupply

Reaction score
Intsupply thanks you for the suggestions

Thanks to you all for your time and suggestions. Bill, I have no affiliation with LCM or any other manufacturer. Just looking to make a few extra bucks vending. I will contact Shurvend. I have already visited their website. Just like everybody else, price, quality and durability are all factors.

wardaddy

Reaction score
My experience with Shurvend has been nice.

We have one of the new real big ones.....64 or so

other than that I lkike the simple steel drop column boxes....less headache

P

Patrick H. Crowe

Ideas on vending:
1. Have a vending area or island as opposed to simply hanging machines on walls at various locations.

2. Both drop shelf vendors and machines which vend many products ahve their own advantages and disadvantages. I'l limit my self two two: 1. If a drop shelf vendor malfunctions only one product is off the market till repairs are made - - not so for the multiple item vending machine. 2. The items in a glass front vending machine are visible to the customer - - not so in a drop shelf machine.

3.IMO the soda machine should vend only drinks, not other car care products.

4. Drop shelf vendors MUST have lock guards around the padlocks; the folks making them should offer a super high srcurity model at extra cost.

5. It is more difficult to change a drop shelf vendor to a new product than to change products in a multiple product.

6. The Fawn vendor, at least the one I bought, was junk - - constant trouble. The Shure-vend has a strong reputation and I believe the man who owns the company is (was?) a fellow car washer.

7. Owning your own soda machine versus letting Coke or Pepsi maintain and fill one of theirs and pay you a commission is a tough call - - many variables. Among them: Commission rates; flexibility of products; speed of repairs when down - - weekend service? There's apt to be a wide variation form distributor to distributor.

8.For the majority of customers washing their cars is not an "impulse" decision. Once a customer is at a wash, especially a self-serve, buying products from a vending maching IS an impulkse decision - - thus the importance of price is reduced.

Patrick H. Crowe

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Go with Shurvend. Jim has been great, I am getting ready to e-mail him the specs I want in mine. I will post some pics once I get it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been told that condoms sell very well from a car wash vending machine.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
I think I net more off of selling air than I do from my three drop shelf vendors combined.