What's new

Looking for IBA bug applicator ideas

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm looking to possibly add a bug applicator to my IBA for the front bumper/grill and was wondering if any of you have added and what floor mounted hardware/nozzle setup have you used? I was thinking about connecting to my undercarriage output. That way the higher level washes would get bug applicator but not the tightwads.

washnshine

Reaction score
I'm looking to possibly add a bug applicator to my IBA for the front bumper/grill and was wondering if any of you have added and what floor mounted hardware/nozzle setup have you used? I was thinking about connecting to my undercarriage output. That way the higher level washes would get bug applicator but not the tightwads.
Is your undercarriage high pressure? If you connect to that, the bug prep will be a high pressure spray to the bumper. The bug preps I have seen are low pressure applications with a concentrated chemical - like presoak, that is sprayed on as the car enters, dwells for a bit and then gets washed off with high pressure if you are touchless or friction if you are not touchless. I don’t think a high pressure manifold will deliver the concentrated chemical you need to loosen bugs. It also might not get close enough to even have the pressure do much. I think you need a floor mounted manifold that gets delivered by a low pressure pump with a concentrated, high pH chemical. I don’t think tying into a high pressure undercarriage will give you what you want.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Doesn't Autec have a lp setup, for bug remover, in lieu of undercarriage?
How does WW do bug spray, on their Profile?
I suggested to Ryko, on SoftGloss, that they deliver it via their short front arms. Not sure if they listened, or if it's even feasable.

washnshine

Reaction score
I think Greg was just meaning he would use the UC output on the PLC to turn it on. Most everything Greg knows, he learned from me, so I doubt that he would make a mistake... :)
Gotcha! I see it now. I’m going to read posts twice now before I respond!!! 😂

DiamondWash

Reaction score
On our WashWorld Profile, it is applied on the arm that goes across the front of the vehicle I will post a video of it in action and it fully COVERS the entire windshield, mirrors, hood, and grill. it was mounted on the ground it won't work properly.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I had envisioned something mounted on the floor spraying up while the vehicle is moving slowly through the undercarriage but that may be impractical. I got an IM showing a picture of the autec bug sprayer mounted up at the parking position. That's probably a better idea, ensuring more consistent coverage.

washnshine

Reaction score
Here is the modification I made to our WashWorld Profile for Bug a Salt
0040 Washjet for the windshield
4020 for the grill, hood, bumper

What chemical are you using for that? Looks like it also gets the back of the side view mirrors too. Nice setup.

Blanco

Reaction score
Here is what I did to both of my Oasis Typhoons. Its mounted on the right side of the front wand. I use a tire cleaner with super sat from blend co and apply it with the first presoak. The eyes on my little bug guy I made light up and people love it.

Attachments

DiamondWash

Reaction score
What chemical are you using for that? Looks like it also gets the back of the side view mirrors too. Nice setup.
We are using Ver Tech Labs Bug b Gone for the chemical, it does look like overkill but our customers have reported it's the best because they can see it working and the impact really gets their attention.