What's new

Looking for float valves used on Futura self serve equipment

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I have Futura(who is out of business) self serve equipment. It's the pump stand that has individual grey plastic water tanks for each bay pump. I need to find replacement float valves for these tanks. Does anyone have a part # and or source for these? I assume that Futura just purchased them, and am hoping they are still available..... Thanks in advance for any leads!

John

MikeV

Reaction score
Its been a while since I've worked on any Futura self serv equipment, but I think you can use just about any float valve, but you will need to resize the float rod because of the small tank.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Futura tanks were either plastic or stainless. The plastic ones take a specific float valve, but I have put Watermaster float valves in them by using a barb and a coupling to the valve, and it will fit in the slot in the tank with a couple of heavy cable ties to hold it in place. The float rod can be shorntened by bending it into an "S" shape.

mac

Reaction score
As long as you are going to do some reworking on this, I suggest that you remove all the individual tanks and replace them with just one tank and one valve. There should be enough room on the shelf to put a 5 gallon rectangular tank. Then do a little replumbing and you have updated it.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
As long as you are going to do some reworking on this, I suggest that you remove all the individual tanks and replace them with just one tank and one valve. There should be enough room on the shelf to put a 5 gallon rectangular tank. Then do a little replumbing and you have updated it.
Won't quite work out this way. On the Futura pump stands the tanks are very small. On rinse, the tank is filling with cold water. On high pressure soap, the tank is filling with hot water. The tanks are small enough that the change to/from hot and cold are quick enough. With just one main tank you would have to totally redo the water feed to keep cold water rinse. Or just use hot all the time (even on rinse), or just use cold all the time (even on soap).

MEP001

Reaction score
GhettoWash said:
Won't quite work out this way. On the Futura pump stands the tanks are very small. On rinse, the tank is filling with cold water. On high pressure soap, the tank is filling with hot water. The tanks are small enough that the change to/from hot and cold are quick enough. With just one main tank you would have to totally redo the water feed to keep cold water rinse. Or just use hot all the time (even on rinse), or just use cold all the time (even on soap).
It will work, but it requires a complete replumbing of the pump and an addition of a cold water rinse solenoid. I've redone several washes with Futura stands like this.

mac

Reaction score
Being in Florida I keep forgetting that above the Mason Dixon line you have hot water. Still can be done though as MEP suggests. My view is that the more parts you can remove from something and still have it work, the better off you are.

doublj70

Reaction score
Thanks for the great replies! I thing going to one tank is a great idea, especially since I only have cold water anyway! I love this forum!

Thanks, John

Etowah