What's new

Looking for Concrete Sealer that works

washallday

Reaction score
Over the past 14 years I have tried regular price sealer and expensive sealers for the concrete floors in my bays. They all work the same, go on good, bead up nice for a couple of months and that’s all. My concrete is over 14 years old I had it installed before I opened. I take the pressure floor cleaner to it every year and try to seal every three with the same results. Some sealers say good for five years and only last one just like the cheap ones. It seems the second year they all lose their sealing or beading properties. Has anyone had any luck with a good sealer?

mac

Reaction score
heck with some of the companies that paint car dealer floors. These coatings seem to hold up well with lots of traffic. If you can't find the sealer company go to several car dealers till you find a nice one and ask for the servive director. Better yey take the wife with you and have her look at the new ones.

washallday

Reaction score
I hope there will be other replies that are more detailed and helpful than Mac's

OurTown

Reaction score
It might be possible that presoak eats it up in short order reducing its effective lifespan.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I hope there will be other replies that are more detailed and helpful than Mac's
I thought that was a good suggestion. That being said, I've never heard of anyone sealing their wash bay floors and can't imagine that it would hold up well at all. There's one more in the "Not helpful" category.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I can't see any benefit in selling the concrete floor. Why would you want to?

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
Not sure why you would need to seal but Euclid products have good sealers and support. They have them that coat on top like a varnish (would be slippery) or the penetrating kind. I use them at home to help slow the damage of salt. The coating will come off with snow removal. The penetrating kind works best depending on what you want to protect them from. Most masonry suppliers (cement plants) should have them or could get them. The penetrating kind has a shelf life of about 1 year so most places don't stock too much of it.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
When I built my house, I had a problem with water wicking in through the chimney, resulting in wetness in the attic and the basement.
Since I was in the process of radon proofing my basement, I asked the sales rep if their product would solve my chimney/water problem. They said yes absolutely, so I tried it. Problem solved. 15 years ago. The product was called "radon seal".
FYI yes it solved the radon problem too.

After spraying onto the brick & stone chimney, I cant tell that it was treated. Same with the concrete walls in the basement.

Have to admit, I've long wondered whether this would be beneficial on the car wash bay floors.

Another product I've considered for the bay floors (but have not used anywhere) as well as for my concrete porch at home is a siloxane based sealer like this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DCC5OZY/?coliid=I3UWK631SKSNUD&colid=2ZK6UEZM2DIRE&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Built my first self serve in 1977.
I’ve never sealed any of my self serves floors.
Not saying I did the right thing but I have never had problems with the floors.
Maintenance for the walls are another story though.

washallday

Reaction score
I seal the concrete to help keep the mold, mildew from growing in my automatic bays to fast, and makes the floors easier to keep clean. Many of my customers mention how other car wash floors look so dirty and have lots of mold on it. I don't think many CW owners realize how important it is to keep a clean business and how much the customers appreciate it. I also do it to help protect the concrete, in the winter many plow trucks come in and spend $15 to $20 cleaning their equipment and that puts a lot of stress on the concrete. I would rather spend a little now in order to prevent a big expenditure later.