What's new

Looking for a replacement float valve for the individual bay tanks for Futura equip.

doublj70

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Futura self serve pump stand, and it has the small plastic water tanks for each bay, each with their own float valve. I just had a float valve break, and I'm trying to find a replacement. I know Futura/Specialty Equipment went out of business, and I believe I had ordered one way before and they said specialty made those float valves. Does anyone know if they are available anywhere, or if there is a suitable replacement that you have used? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, John

mac

Reaction score
Here's my suggestion, for what it's worth. I've removed the individual tanks on several of these and just put one large tank that feeds all of the pumps. Then just one float of whatever style you choose.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've used a Watermaster 1/2" - with a coupling and another fitting it fits right in the slot and a couple cable ties hold it in place. The rod has to be bent down and forward again into an "S" to fit the short tank.

cebo

Reaction score
Did you set up a cold tank & a hot tank then route it through the dual inlet solenoid valve? I've had bad luck with the Suttner valves sticking and not lasting long. I don't have any wall space for a single tank without moving a bunch of stuff. I've been on cold water for a year with no complaints and I'm thinking about just putting in a solenoid valve and doing a direct feed if I can't find something better than that Suttner.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've changed over two of the Futura systems, first with a zero-pressure regulator that worked really well but introduced a lot of maintenance (The regulator parts eroded quickly). Both washes were eventually changed over to a single tank for hot water and one solenoid for cold rinse.