What's new

Looking for a replacement faceplate for bay box

mngoalie

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a replacement faceplate for bay boxes at wash I purchased. They are 8.25"X7.5" I'm not having much luck and was hoping someone here may have an idea where to look. I've looked at kleen rite, car wash superstore and Dultmeier.

Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of what your looking for? You have to have them custom made.

mngoalie

Reaction score
This is what they look like.. i want to get new ones that'll support a standard changer with a coin return.. currently they don't. They use a very simple mechanism.
. IMG_8490.JPG

MEP001

Reaction score
You may have to replace the entire box to get an acceptor with a coin return in there. There's a short drop unit that might work, but you'll probably have to move the coin acceptor to the left side and the timer to the right. At $3.50 startup, you should be taking credit cards anyway.

mngoalie

Reaction score
I do take credit cards. I added that afew months ago and its taken off like wildfire. I bought this wash in Sept.

I figure I'll have to move the rotary switch over to get a short drop coin acceptor, but that maybe pushing it. Just checking out options without having to do a complete box redo. That's not in the budget right now.

Randy

Reaction score
That kind of looks like an old Specialty face plate. I think you going to have to have a faceplate custom made. What I would do is move the timer cutout hole up as far as you can without interfering with the lock. Then move the rotary switch down to lower left corner where the sticker is that says “Beeper sounds” and then you might have room for your coin acceptor on the right side of the face plate. Where do your coins drop into, a coin box below the face plate or down into a vault? How big of a hole do you have inside the coin box shell for the coins to drop from the coin acceptor? Call Etowah Valley equipment 1-888-920-2646 and ask for a quote. You could also call Dixmor 303-794-0597 I’ve gotten a few face plates from them before.

mngoalie

Reaction score
Moving the rotary switch was what I was thinking as well. Coins go into a box under the control panel.

I've reached out to Etowah. They were busy today with meetings so he'll get back to me soon.

I didn't know dixmor did them.as well. I'll see what I can find from them. Thanks for the tip

Etowah