What's new

Looking for a education on this part for my D&S 5000

MEP001

Reaction score
The things you have circled are unrelated. The booster pump runs presoak at low pressure to the gantry. It goes out on a single hose to the mess of T's and check valves on the wall.
The f**k that does is control the air to foam the presoak.
None of those will cause your pump to lose pressure from lack of flow. The high pressure pump sounds like it's not getting water. This unit uses an air-operated valve on the pump input to control the source of water. That's the valve on the plumbing with the two yellow tubes going t it. Either it's bad (I am not familiar with this one so I don't know if it can even go bad and stop all water flow) or the giant PVC check valve above it is stuck closed (Highly unlikely but I have seen it happen).
They definitely can go bad. They are check valves. You will know pretty quickly if any of them go bad because the air from the presoak will probably push its way back through and bubble up inside the presoak tank. If you suspect one is bad but you aren't seeing air in the tank, get a long pair of needle nose pliers and with the machine running high pressure (not undercarriage) gently pinch the hose closed. You will see and feel the pressure coming back through.

Last edited:

Strava

Reaction score
Thank you, I'm going to work on it today and check each of those items you suggested.

Strava

Reaction score
I had the old owner come in today and he thinks that this part went down. I searched for the Valve # SOL 1010k and nothing comes up. Can you recommend which replacement I should go with on Kleen Rite

Attachments

HCCW

Reaction score
Hey Carwash gurus, I was hoping one of you would be kind enough to give me an education. I'm still learning.
So, what exactly is this thing? I think that I found it on Kleen Rites website and it says it's a
General Pump ZH2820 Single Bypass Brass Trapped Pressure Unloader - 4500 PSI, 52.8 GPM

But I'm not 100% sure. Right now it's spitting out of a small hole when the iba is operating. I try to keep my pump floor room dry and lately it's been wet because of the spray from this hole. If it's a problem or the beginning of a problem I want to catch it now before it gets worse. Any advice?

View attachment 7747
I know I’m late to the discussion, but definitely just buy the repair kit. I never even use the whole thing, just the seals and it’ll go 6-8 years before needing new seals again. Even though the cost savings it great, the biggest plus for me is NOT having to undo all the fittings to get the whole pres reg out. It’s so easy to just unscrew the top. Takes 5 minutes tops to repair. Don’t forget to adjust your pressure down if needed, sometime the new seals make my pump pressure spike above the max range.

HCCW

Reaction score
Everything went well on my install last night & I'm back up and running with no leak. : )

My next question to you guys is this when people select my top wash and get the undercarriage feature my main pump sounds like it's not getting enough water from my booster pump. I want to start with replacing the solenoid valve. The numbers on the solenoid indicate that it's a DEMA, 24v, 50-60hz 474P, M.R.P. 1500, M.O.P.D 1200 So I go to Kleen rite looking for that solenoid, but each valve they have listed indicates different #s at the end of the 474P, for example, 474P.3, 474P.4 or 474.3D Which valve should I order?
Always call Dave at DEMA when you have a question like this. He is absolutely brilliant. 800-325-3362

Strava

Reaction score
Always call Dave at DEMA when you have a question like this. He is absolutely brilliant. 800-325-3362
Thank you for the advice and suggestion! It's working the way it's supposed to right now, but I'll hit you guys up again the next time I'm having issues.