What's new

Looking for a car wash that has a....

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Looking fir a car wash that has a landscaping budget and/or takes pride in their landscaping.

MudMoney

Reaction score
Years ago I took a page from Hoffman car washes when Tom was featured in SSCWN and went all in on flower pots and hangers. My over spray killed off the flowers after a month people stuck cig butts in them and kids pulled them out to present to mommy.Hangers were stolen, some people got caught, what you do is just reach in the car and grab them back. I did get awards from the Chamber of Commerce for that too. In the end after 15 years I quit,was costing about $500 a year not counting the labor to water.As our town doesn't require landscaping I went full pavement and concrete. Nobody noticed and revenues didn't decline.JMTC

Randy

Reaction score
I do my landscaping with QuickPro, Diquat dibromide - 2.9%, Glyphosate - 73.3%, for those of you who don’t know Glyphosate is Roundup. I spray it on the weeds/grass that grow in the cracks and in the planting area on one side of the entrance to the car wash. On the other side entrance I have Juniper brushes. I trim those bushes twice a year with a 56 volt EGO hedge trimmer, EGO products are top of the line. I’ve got EGO blower that works great around the car wash. I’ve got an acre in back of the car wash. I have a pretty good crop of poison Hemlock that comes back every year in one area, the county makes me spray them to keep them under control, the Quickpro works well for that.

MEP001

Reaction score
I mow along the road in front of the wash when the grass gets so high it blocks its view from the street.

Randy

Reaction score
I have a 2 foot strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street in front of the car wash that the city mows. If I had to mow it I'd mow it with QiuckPro.

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
Despite our shared love of herbicide :cool: we have actually spent some time and effort to plant out our garden beds with a range of Australian natives which are low maintenance and do help to lift the appearance of the site. The native plants also tend to fit with our setting in a rural town.
IMG_20191208_133327.jpg IMG_20191208_133309.jpg

soapy

Reaction score
I have 2 washes that my city required from a 5 to 30 foot wide strip of grass along with trees to be planted around the edges of property. I bought Honda lawn mowers 25 years ago and cut all the grass myself since I was not going to the $50 to $100 per week fee that a landscaper charges to mow the grass per location. I have Lilacs planted across the back of one location and it looks real pretty about 1 week a year.

cheesetrap

Reaction score
Despite our shared love of herbicide :cool: we have actually spent some time and effort to plant out our garden beds with a range of Australian natives which are low maintenance and do help to lift the appearance of the site. The native plants also tend to fit with our setting in a rural town.
That's a hella clean station!

Etowah