What's new

Looking at buying a small one bay self serve Car wash - info / advice please

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Location success is about alot more than traffic count. Egress ease is critical, as is visibility, signage, speed limit, divided road or not, turn in capability from both directions, proximity to a traffic light, existence of other nearby businesses, etc.

Hobby shop? I don't know...

onebaywonder

Reaction score
Location success is about alot more than traffic count. Egress ease is critical, as is visibility, signage, speed limit, divided road or not, turn in capability from both directions, proximity to a traffic light, existence of other nearby businesses, etc...
It is right before a railroad track and the speed limit thru town is 30 mph, highway is a regular hwy (not a two lane divided).... it needs new signage, can be seen from both directions.

bake shop next door, flower shop across the street (new)

Randy

Reaction score
Since you started this post a year ago what have you done? Did you actually buy the one bay car wash or are you still thinking about it? If you did buy it what improvements have you made?

onebaywonder

Reaction score
Since you started this post a year ago what have you done? Did you actually buy the one bay car wash or are you still thinking about it? If you did buy it what improvements have you made?
havent jumped in yet, owner took it off the market because of the economy but it is still for sale.

Randy

Reaction score
Now the big questions. How much does he want for the car wash? How much does it do per month? Is it connected to the sewer? How much land comes with the car wash?

Etowah

bigleo48

Reaction score
One Bay Wonder,

The ROI on a one bay fixer-upper is way to long and froth with peril. I would price the bare land minus enviromentals and offer that...if you are really bent on buying it. But I would walk away and start looking elsewhere.

Big

onebaywonder

Reaction score
One Bay Wonder,

The ROI on a one bay fixer-upper is way to long and froth with peril. I would price the bare land minus enviromentals and offer that...if you are really bent on buying it. But I would walk away and start looking elsewhere.

Big
I need to find out about the enviromentals if there are any? thanks for the advice.

Randy

Reaction score
Where is this mystery car wash located? You need to find out if the car wash is connected to the city sewer system. You need to find out if there has ever been a gas station or if there has ever been any oil tanks in the ground. If it has been a gas station at one time have the tanks been removed and the property certified to be clean.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Small town, one wand-bay and long marketing period. What does this suggest regarding the worth of the property?

You can solve the problem by determining what is the highest and best use of this property as a carwash site.

If you can't make the deal pencil out as a one bay detail shop or single in-bay automatic, I probably wouldn't bother with this property.