What's new

Looking at buying a Car Wash

sparkey

Reaction score
After sitting for 8 years I have to think the watersoftener would need rebeded, the spotfree membranes would be junk, pumps pitted from sitting with water in them for 8 years, backflow preventer moving parts froze up, piston solenoids all froze up, diaphram solenoid valves with hard rubber in them which will crack after running a very short time. What kind of shut down was done on the pumps? Was they drained and antifreeze/corrosion inhibitor put in the pumps, all the lines drained, etc?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It doesn't look too bad to me. I'd like to see some pics of the whole site. There is some potential in what you describe. A nice little self-serve could be fun to own. The trick is to buy it for the right price...

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
All i am gonna say for 200k only wash in town with 8,000 population and 400 new homes. I would pay that on location all day where do I sign up for this. I would instail a washworld in there so fast make your head spin. Instail a used SS pumpstand and new low pressure systems you golden if you know how to run a wash correctly

doublj70

Reaction score
Also, 8 years ago was towards the end of the big recession, which could have had a factor the income at that time, and the owner giving up on it. I would give it a shot, especially if he will carry financing, and you have a plan for the unused land. I think a key would be that you are handy enough to learn the maintenance quickly, as if you have to hire a professional every time something breaks, that will cut into your profit.