What's new

Longest lasting boom swivels

RAAOO7

Reaction score
I currently have been using fluid control 1/4 2000psi swivels. They last a decent amount of time before leaking. I've tried mosmatic which are worse and more expensive. Anyone know a better quality swivel which costs more but lasts a lot longer?

OurTown

Reaction score

RAAOO7

Reaction score
Those don't work good for me, they don't last.

MEP001

Reaction score
By "boom swivel," do you mean the one at the center of the boom? I use the Adams brass high pressure swivel with a street elbow. I use the same swivel at the gun, no swivel at the top of the bay hose.

I used to use one at both ends of the bay hose, but I can't tell a difference if there are two or just one at the gun. If you use a swivel at the top of the bay hose, and if that's what you're calling a boom swivel, you should use a 1' hose off the boom with the swivel below that to take the sideways stress off the swivel so it will last longer.

RAAOO7

Reaction score
By "boom swivel," do you mean the one at the center of the boom? I use the Adams brass high pressure swivel with a street elbow. I use the same swivel at the gun, no swivel at the top of the bay hose.

I used to use one at both ends of the bay hose, but I can't tell a difference if there are two or just one at the gun. If you use a swivel at the top of the bay hose, and if that's what you're calling a boom swivel, you should use a 1' hose off the boom with the swivel below that to take the sideways stress off the swivel so it will last longer.
I've thought about using a 1 or 2 ft whip hose and putting the swivel inline with the hose like you said. I haven't done it because I was thinking that's just another hose I have to change and more changes of leaks. Do the whip hoses on top of booms last pretty long? I use to put a hose guard on top and bottom so when customers pull on hose it doesn't bend so close to the end.

Twodose

Reaction score
SWM40032 < at the boom < mosmatic
SWM30654 < from the boom down to gun there is a 1ft of hose then this swivel, then 128 inch hose to gun. < mosmatic inline.
SW0260 < at the gun.
I get years out of the mosmatic swivels, the swo260 at the gun last the least amount of time.
Like mep I don't know which one your talking about in particular.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've thought about using a 1 or 2 ft whip hose and putting the swivel inline with the hose like you said. I haven't done it because I was thinking that's just another hose I have to change and more changes of leaks. Do the whip hoses on top of booms last pretty long? I use to put a hose guard on top and bottom so when customers pull on hose it doesn't bend so close to the end.
The whip hoses last a long time for me, probably through three bay hoses. I used to order hoses with a guard until I had a hose break under the guard. I watch for signs and try to change them before it breaks on a customer - a hose guard ruined my streak of 6 1/2 years without a broken high pressure hose.

RAAOO7

Reaction score
The whip hoses last a long time for me, probably through three bay hoses. I used to order hoses with a guard until I had a hose break under the guard. I watch for signs and try to change them before it breaks on a customer - a hose guard ruined my streak of 6 1/2 years without a broken high pressure hose.
how long do your hp hoses last ?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Those small 1' hoses are commonly called "swivel saver hoses" for a reason. My inline swivels last several years (maybe 5?)usually. The swivels at the t gun last maybe 1-2 years

RAAOO7

Reaction score
Those small 1' hoses are commonly called "swivel saver hoses" for a reason. My inline swivels last several years (maybe 5?)usually. The swivels at the t gun last maybe 1-2 years
Very interesting. I notice fluid control makes a 90degree boom swivel. What's the difference between there 90 degree swivel or if I use a female elbow and use a standard fluid control swivel?

MEP001

Reaction score
Little to none, as long as it will work with your boom.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I use Mosmatic's at both ends of the HP hose. I just replace them with new when they start leaking - I don't bother rebuilding them.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Anybody else besides us who use the Hydrospray Z booms that are supposedly a tiny amount lighter duty than the Mosmatic? It is manufactured specifically it appear to be by Mosmatic. We bought the below slightly less cost but still very heavy duty Z Booms from KleenRite about 2012 or 2014ish.

Hydrospray B00240 or Mosmatic BOM65019