What's new

Lollipops

LisaLyons

Reaction score
Thought I would share something that we have been doing. We had been having a lot of difficult customers and my employees were having a hard time dealing with them. We had a meeting and one of my guys said damn they just need a lollipop. Well, I got some and it really has helped. They give the people complaining a pop - hey thanks. Tell them to quit doing something they shouldn't be doing and they bitch about it..give them a pop. Someone does something nice - give them a pop. My employees have enjoyed doing this and hopefully my customers have enjoyed it to. It was the weirdest suggestion but it seems to be working pretty good.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
The last difficult customer I had would have had a hard time holding his, since it appeared he only had one finger after I threw him out.

Dcalhoun

Reaction score
We have been handing out Tootsie Roll Pops since we opened 14 years ago to everyone going through our IBA. It is a way to say, "thanks" and gives the people something to do while in the wash. It definitely puts a smile on the curmudgeons and the kids often light up with excitement. We hear often about how the kids are prompting the parents to "go to the car wash" and we have a number of adults of all ages inquire about getting a sucker if I don't pull one out quick enough. They have been a great marketing tool for us as I get stopped around town being known as the "sucker guy".