What's new

Location of Side Scans~XE Validator?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cleaning validator. Where the heck are the 'side scans' located? Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
When you have the validator upside-down and lift the bottom half of the chute, you'll see them close to the front in the groove in the sides that guides the bill. All you'll see is the tip of some clear plastic which you can wipe clean with a lint-free cloth dipped in alcohol.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darn it! I called Hamilton and they told me they were the 4 top and bottom eyes on the platen. D'oh! I already put the thing back in service.

Thankfully, it is working well and taking all bills; frayed, chewed up, written on and taped together!

Thanks anyways; useful for next time!

Randy

Reaction score
I use the narrow nylon brush from my AR-15/M-16 rifle cleaning kit to clean the side scan sensors. I dip it in alcohol and gently work it across the sensor eyes. This brush is perfect for cleaning the sensors because it?s narrow enough to get down under the rails to the sensors. Also whenever you clean the validator it?s a good idea to recalibrate the validator, both the side scans sensors and the optic sensors should be recalibrated. NEVER use cleaning cards on a Hamilton validator!! They will degrade the life of the belts and it won?t do any good anyway, the sensors are below the bill path.