What's new

Live, learn and pass it on

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
My father says "Live, learn and pass it on" once in a while so why not share this video? About our new self service bays in Vestal, NY he might also say "Are you crazy?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSFjGJLlXO0

Wobble Head Foam Brush
Hydraflex Delivery of Foam Brush, Wheel Brush and Triple Wax
Simoniz self service products
G&G LED Lighting: www.ggled.net
Drive-Thru AVW Dryers - 90 seconds of time given
4 - Mozmatic Z-Booms per bay
Dixmor Timers
Airlift Doors

We built the bays 35' long to accommodate the drying system or for future equipment but the customers pull forward too far thinking they should stop in the center. Probably need an indicator to stop or could have built it a few feet shorter.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Whose Foam Brushes?

Are meter boxes custom?

Do people ask whats the difference in the different colors of soap from the foam brush or wax?

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
Hogs hair foam brushes are from Erie Brush.

Coin boxes are custom. Built by ashamed Groff at Jam Wash Systems. www.jamwashsystems.com

I don't think anyone has asked about the different colors. It is the only place in town with two colors in the foam brush though. Differentiation is what we like to accomplish.

JIMT

Reaction score
G&g led lighting

Tom,
I cannot connect to G&G lighting at ggled.net. It times out. I have Googled it several ways but no luck. Is the wash open for business and how is it doing? You have all of the bells and whistles or are you going to come up with some new ideas?
JIMT

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
www.ggled.net works on two different computers that I've tried. The wash has been open since 12/26 and it is doing pretty good for a new place. Not much of a winter and very little salt.... so that didn't help. Can't think of what else I could throw at the place yet but the ICA convention is coming soon so you never know.

jimbeaux

Reaction score
Very impressive Tom, always look forward to your posts.

sudzy

Reaction score
Vestal Video

My father says "Live, learn and pass it on" once in a while so why not share this video? About our new self service bays in Vestal, NY he might also say "Are you crazy?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSFjGJLlXO0

Wobble Head Foam Brush
Hydraflex Delivery of Foam Brush, Wheel Brush and Triple Wax
Simoniz self service products
G&G LED Lighting: www.ggled.net
Drive-Thru AVW Dryers - 90 seconds of time given
4 - Mozmatic Z-Booms per bay
Dixmor Timers
Airlift Doors

We built the bays 35' long to accommodate the drying system or for future equipment but the customers pull forward too far thinking they should stop in the center. Probably need an indicator to stop or could have built it a few feet shorter.
Thanks for sharing the new operation and the Wobblehead Foam Brush Handle along with the Simoniz products. Hope to see you in Vegas.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Nice Tom!

Do you find people trying to wash their cars with the wheel brush because of the wooblehead?

Do people get confused with all the options and hose...I see 5!

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
I did catch someone using the wheel brush instead but he was just confused. It was the first time I've seen that too.

I would say that people hunt around seaching for the correct hose but we have signage hanging near each of them. They select the item and they find it when they see foam and hear it coming out.