What's new

Little Tree popularity

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Somewhere recently I saw a Little Tree ad that showed all the fragrances, the length of time that they have been around and the order of popularity. I don't remember if it was a catalog, flyer or magazine.

Does anyone remember this and can tell me where to find it?

Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I remember seeing it in print, but I couldn't find it in their latest catalog. It may have been in one of their Kleen Scene issues. Call them, they can fax it to you or link you to a .pdf online.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Because of that flyer that is being referenced, I started selling black ice. Those trees sell twice as fast as anything else I have on there. It's crazy!

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Thats why I'm looking for the info on that flyer. I knew that Black Ice was number one and I see it in my sales. Of 16 fragrances I offer, fully 1/2 of my sales are Black Ice. I want to look at that list again and determine which fragrances to remove from my 16 and which to add. I looked in the KR catalog and KR website and Little Tree website and couldn't find it. I will call KR tomorrow and see if I can get it from them.

Eric H

Reaction score
#9 Jasmin???? it took me nearly a year to get rid of the one box of jasmin.

Black Ice is a big seller. Anything with the name "black" on it sell well at my washes: black Ice, Black Jack, and black cherry vent scents ( which smell really awful, BTW). I bet any manufacturer could package any mediocre product with the name "Black whatever" on it and it would sell well for me.

waright

Reaction score
combination of trees

have heard that a combination of several trees is believed to mask certain odors that come from certain people smoking certain substances. Maybe black ice and evergreen. Any info on combinations would be helpful at my location!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If they want to cover up smoke smell they just rip the wrapper all the way off and spark a lighter in my neck of the woods.

jprb

Reaction score
I think I sold ZERO Royal Pine when I got my 5 column vendor years ago. I have Pina Colada, Strawberry Kiwi, Vanilla Pride, and at the suggestion of a police friend, I've added Black Ice, and it sells great. Also, Spiced Patchouli (sp?), which is a tie-dyed look, sells well. Most on the 'top ten' list sell very well, also.

I just swap them out every couple months to keep things 'changing'.

JPRB

DavidM

Reaction score
I just recieved a PDF that is sent out by Car Freshener occasionally. It ranks all of their trees in order of sales. I don't know if there is anyway to post it or not maybe Bill can help us out. I can email it to anyone who is interested.

We have started selling the Airwash trees (top three in the new trees column) and they are selling pretty well for us in our tunnel lobby so I am going to try them in our SS vendors.

David

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Here is the info: From David M

Little Trees? Fragrances Ranked by Total Sales
1/01/09 to 2/28/09
New Little Trees? on the Rise
# Fragrance Name
1. Sun-Washed Cotton
2. Sparkling Breeze
3. Orange Zest
4. Black Forest
5. Blackberry Clove
6. Blueberry
7. Mulberry Fig
8. No Smoking
9. Cedar
10. Lemon Green Tea
11. Soccer

Well Established Little Trees?
# Fragrance Name
1. Black Ice
2. New Car Scent
3. Vanillaroma
4. Strawberry
5. Royal Pine
6. Coconut
7. Wild Cherry
8. Peachy Peach
9. Morning Fresh
10. Watermelon
11. Jasmin
12. Mango
13. Cinna-Berry
14. Leather
15. Green Apple
16. Pi?a Colada
17. Lavender
18. Ocean Mist
19. Sweet Pear
20. Forest Fresh
21. Ice Blue
22. Bouquet
23. Spice
24. Berry Patch
25. Powder
26. Lively Lemon
27. Sunny Citrus
28. Cinnamon Apple
29. Fruit Punch
30. Very Vanilla - Fun Yellow
31. Lilac
32. Vanilla Pride
33. Strawberry Kiwi
34. Summer Surf
35. Spiced Pumpkin
36. Rose Musk
37. Papaya
38. Bubble Berry - Fun Pink
39. Victory Lane
40. Silly Citrus - Fun Orange
41. Sour Apple - Fun Green
42. Pink Grapefruit
43. Rainbow Rush
44. Lime
45. Gold

John T

Reaction score
We get a new popularity listing of the trees on a monthly basis. We can track the progress of the ups and downs in popularity of the trees. When I create the Kleen-Scene magazine I try to put in the top 10 trees for customer knowledge and convenience. But this an OVERALL rating of their sales, nationally and internationally. I does not reflect what is popular in your regional area. For example, Vanilla has been in the top ten consistently for years and years, however I spoke with a couple at the ICA show who purchased vanilla trees based on the top ten ratings chart, they said they could'nt give them away. So it just goes to show that what sells in Louisville, might not sell well in Buffalo. We print the top ten as a guide, the only sure fire way is trial by fire.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Scents

The popularity list shows Royal Pine above Wild Cherry? Hmm....

Based on info here I added Black Ice. Immediately upon adding it, Black Ice became the #1 seller.

Now, how do I market my SS, somehow, as "Black Wash?"

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's that popular, buy a bottle of Drakkar Noir (same scent as black ice) and spritz it in the bays.

Maybe a setup like those renuzit thingys where it sprays a spray of the fragrance every so often would be good.

I also heard the rainbow scent tree is very popular in Fargo. I was thinking of trying that one.

jprb

Reaction score
Some of the little trees give no "scent" information. Victory Lane=Burning rubber?, Rainbow Rush=fruit loops?, No Smoking=Cigarette butts?, Gold=Goldschlager?

JPRB