What's new

Little red spider mites everywhere...

starion

7SS 2IBA
Reaction score
Had a customer leave today because they managed to actually see these things crawling all over one of our vacuums.

I suspect they are attracted to the birds and bird droppings (which are becoming a problem, going to evict them later this month).

Other than getting rid of the birds, any ideas on how to rid the car wash of these spider mites?

MEP001

Reaction score
Spider mites feed on live plants. There may be something in the vacuum they're after, or someone could have vacuumed up leaves that had their eggs in them. If either is the case, cleaning out the vacuum should get rid of them.

captain cw

Reaction score
At least twice a year I deep clean my vacs. New bags, new hoses, new lights and scrub it down real good. Might be time.

Twodose

Reaction score
When I was a kid , i picked up a pigeon, didn't hold it for long, when I saw my hand was covered with 100's of little red spider mites, needless to say it freaked me out enough that i never got near a pigeon again.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Pigeons ARE rats with wings.

In Australia they are protected, what's with that, $10K fine for killing one.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Pigeons ARE rats with wings. In Australia they are protected, what's with that, $10K fine for killing one.
Someone somewhere thinks they are pretty and had enough pull to get them protected. It's like the laws here that prohibit slaughtering a horse for food. They're pretty and we can ride them, but WTH do we do with them when they are too old or decrepit. I don't understand what the difference is between eating a cow, pig, deer, or horse. Heck, people eat sheep and we can even...never mind.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I didn't realize that you couldn't get horse meat any longer. When I was poor, I use to buy it in Pike Street Market, in Seattle.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
You may be able to get the meat, but I am pretty sure that I read that all 50 states have passed laws prohibiting slaughter. It doesn't save horses it just prolongs their misery on their way to slaughter in Mexico. It's a shame when emotion gets in the way of common sense.