What's new

Liquid regulator (low pressure)

rzeavy

Reaction score
Hi all
Can anyone recommend a liquid regulator on the Tire Cleaner, that last more than six or seven months? Mine is a" Norgreen"

Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of pump are you using?

MEP001

Reaction score
I assume you're using this regulator:

http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-168...ir-or-liquid-w-filter-composite-brass-14.aspx

I've had bad luck with them too.

I use a JE Adams 7075 or 7085 regulator and loop the bypass to the inlet. They're made for high-pressure, so to get the adjustment you'll have to cut about 1/4" off the spring. I use them because they last much longer than regulators intended for the application, and because it takes some of the stress off the pump. Instead of pushing 125 PSI against a regulator all the time, the pump is only running at your set PSI. It also serves as a safety "pop-off" in you have a check valve in the bay fail - liquid will just bypass the regulator as it's designed to do and flow to the tank with no damage to your equipment or tubing.

Randy

Reaction score
I've been using a Spraying Systems type 110 regulator relief valve for the last 15 years on the tire cleaner. I also route the bypass back to the tank. Same Procon pump and relief valve for 15 years of service. Never touch it.

rzeavy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info., I'll try it and see if like it.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
If you are using an air-driven pump you can regulate the air pressure fed to the pump to adjust tire cleaner pressure.

rzeavy

Reaction score
I'm using a Procon pump with a pressure regulator from the pump and a pressure regulator to the bays.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Most Procon have an adjustment screw behind the little acorn nut that you can use to adjust pressure. I have Coleman SS unit and they have regulators on both the air and liquid side. When the liquid side goes bad I just remove them and adjust pressure through the procon. Be careful though, you do not want that screw to come all the way out. Theres a tiny spring behind it that will disappear, then you're screwed.