What's new

Linking SS washes together for loyalty... ideas?

Crommel62

Reaction score
Hi I live down in Florida and own 4 SS washes in the same county. Of course I’m trying to stay alive and compete with the big EEs like everyone else. Currently I have crypotpay only on my IBAs and accept cash only in my bays. At one of my locations I had the old express key system and people absolutely loved it. Too bad it’s a dinosaur. I’m looking to start accepting credit cards everywhere but I would love to have some loyalty type programs. Maybe an app or gift/loyalty card that can be loaded up and used at any of my washes. The guys at beacon mobile seem to have a pretty good program with the Nayax vpos touch swipers but I’ve never spoken to anyone that has used them. I’m sure there are others out there that have experience with various credit and loyalty programs. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

soapy

Reaction score
Wash Card is probably the leader in this area. I have one of their original systems in use for 25 years. They now offer it with credit cards etc and link your various sites together.

MEP001

Reaction score
WashGear has a nice system, and they do fleet and loyalty cards. The hardware is a little expensive but 100% of the income is yours (minus merchant processing of course). The big downside is that it's wired, so more troublesome to install in bays and can't be used on vacuums unless it was pre-planned in the construction. I've only seen one install but the guy says it's been completely trouble-free the ten years it's been in.

I'm not a fan of Cryptopay because of the fees, but it's a quick and cheap way of adding CC acceptance. They've been promising a loyalty system for some time but so far only have released a fleet program.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
We have cryptopay in our 4 bay plus IBA, and feel fees are reasonable for us as a low volume wash. Looking at a new thing called Coinless, an "app" where a customer can buy (and earn) credits to turn on bays and vacs. thier merchant provider quoted me 2.5%, but there is an investment in hardware and ultimately will be a monthly fee (quoted 69.00 per month) for use of the app.

slash007

Reaction score
I used to have Eport, but switched to CryptoPay to add the count up feature. I also added an app, Touch4Wash to have memberships and customer loyalty. Very happy with Touch4Wash. Cryptopay only a month old, seems to be working fine.
Can you tell us more about Touch4Wash? Seems to be very similar to Coinless, but it seems to have been around longer and they have some nicer features like the referral bonus. It is also wired while Coinless is wireless. I just signed up with Coinless to do every function at both of my washes. That includes all SS bays, all Vacs and my 2 IBA. I am just figuring out what signs to get and they should ship them out soon.

OurTown

Reaction score
[QUOTE

I'm not a fan of Cryptopay because of the fees, but it's a quick and cheap way of adding CC acceptance. They've been promising a loyalty system for some time but so far only have released a fleet program.
[/QUOTE]

They have a reloadable gift card system right now and we have our cards in hand now. They can have rewards too.

slash007

Reaction score
[QUOTE

They have a reloadable gift card system right now and we have our cards in hand now. They can have rewards too.
[/QUOTE]
Only if you are on Worldpay though. I am on First Data for both and don't want to switch.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have Wash Card and although pricy in some regards, the equipment is reliable and the support is GREAT. They seem to be the only one innovating for the SS market.

Roz

Reaction score
Kleen Rite is promoting EverWash https://www.everwash.com

Ask a lot of questions about the costs, now and into the future. Take note as to who owns the customer info and relationship. The App based companies are all new with few installed users so they are trying to evolve their cost model to get some traction which might offer a good opportunity in terms of price.

Hardware costs tend to be modest, it is the processing add on fees to be mindful of as these new companies are all offering intro pricing. I like the new App based solutions however the fees often are more than Cryptopay. Cryptopay is actually not bad in terms of fees, about 4-5% as we have a $5 minimum and use the count up system. Average ticket is $7-$11.