What's new

Line-X/Rhino Linings

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Do any of my fellow detailers offer this type of service at their detail shop? I think it could be another good source of revenue.

Thoughts?

MEP001

Reaction score
It certainly could be, but it could also be a source of headaches. I looked into it as a coating for something as well as having it done to my truck, and the main thing I heard was that it must be done properly to last. If the prepwork is sloppy it won't adhere, and between what the coating material costs and the labor of removing it to reapply, you wouldn't want to have to redo it. If you plan to do this, it must be done right.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This service requires a spraybooth and proper ventilation / waste permits in my state.

Too messy for my detail shop as well.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Per the information I read on Rhino Linings website, none of the things you listed Wax are required (at least in my state). I'm sure that there will still be some issues, but I am at least going to check into it to see if it may be a viable option.

Mep - I couldn't agree more. Prep is always the most important step in any job and it would be even more so in this type of application due to the cost required for a fix.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I had the bumpers of my van done, but took them off rather than having the van taped off. He did have a spray booth setup. I can't imagine this being done without one. That would require ventilation. I think that in most places you can't even use the old style spray guns to paint a car.

soapy

Reaction score
There are several water based bed liners that go on with a roller and no spray booth is required. Heculiner is one and I think Duplo also now makes one.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
water based and a roller seems like a good method!

soapy

Reaction score
Dupli color Bed Armor water based system is under $100 for the complete kit and they have a $25 rebate off of that price. In my area they get over $400 for a pickup bed with Line X.

MEP001

Reaction score
The Dupli-Color stuff doesn't go on thick and it's not rubbery. It's just a cheap alternative to a bed liner that looks similar but really isn't tough at all.