What's new

Lighting Control Panel

RAATCB

Reaction score
Does anyone at their wash use power relays to power all light fixtures? I have 4 power relays that run from supply 240V to the each fixture. When my intermatic timer turns on, it sends the 120v signal to the coils of all 4 relays so all the lights will turn on at the same time.

Anyone doing this at their wash?

MEP001

Reaction score
There is a single, 4-pole contactor that controls all the lights with one input (originally a photocell but I've replaced that with an astronomic timer).

I have seen systems with many more light circuits and different lighting sections controlled by multiple timers, and it's nothing special, just a metal electrical box with continuous-rated relays.

RAATCB

Reaction score
There is a single, 4-pole contactor that controls all the lights with one input (originally a photocell but I've replaced that with an astronomic timer).

I have seen systems with many more light circuits and different lighting sections controlled by multiple timers, and it's nothing special, just a metal electrical box with continuous-rated relays.
Thank you for responding. If I wanted to build my own panel. The load of the lighting is approx. 30 amps @ 240V. Would I only use the "4 pole contactor" ? Can it handle all 30 amps on one contactor?

What is the simples way for me to build my own?

MEP001

Reaction score
You can get a contactor in a box ready to mount and wire up. If all your lights are on one circuit, you'd just need a 2-pole 30A contactor. It should be lighting rated, which is also continuous duty rated.