What's new

Lifetime/extended unlimited washing

washnshine

Reaction score
My wife uses some software that is subscription based - she essentially pays for one year and all updates etc. are covered and then you renew in a year. The company also has a lifetime subscription available, where for the fee, you get updates essentially for ever, as long as you are registered with the software.

So, I’m wondering if the car wash industry will ever do some type of extended unlimited membership. Maybe like 2,3 or 5 years. Five years at $30 per month comes out to $1800. Charge $1600 for it and wash for 5 years. Makes it six months for free for paying ahead. I’m not saying it’s a good idea - just thinking out loud what might be next. It would be a money grab out of the gate. Obviously not every customer would be a candidate for something like this. My once a month washers who try to keep their self serve bill under $6 would not be into this!

Any thoughts?

traveler17

Reaction score
It sounds crazy to me but so did unlimited washes for $30 a month :). I think it would only work in the wealthiest of cities / communities. Definitely wouldn’t be my clientele lol

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Knew one place that did a lifetime guaranty - if the stuff broke they killed you.

traveler17

Reaction score
We all know there would be no refund.
Exactly, my brother and I bought a full service wash from a widow whose husband had given away a bunch of tokens for free washes. Only a couple of them tried to redeem but we told them they’d have to take it up w previous owner. Facial expressions were priceless

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Exactly, my brother and I bought a full service wash from a widow whose husband had given away a bunch of tokens for free washes. Only a couple of them tried to redeem but we told them they’d have to take it up w previous owner. Facial expressions were priceless
Seems like a heck of a way to alienate potential future customers. When I took over a failed location I let peole know we would honor prior coupons and memberships for 60 days.

New Washdog

Reaction score
It sounds crazy to me but so did unlimited washes for $30 a month :). I think it would only work in the wealthiest of cities / communities. Definitely wouldn’t be my clientele lol
I think the only way to possibly make this fly due to expense would be partner with a dealership and have the service baked into the purchase and financing, and you make it not transferable. Historically most new car buyers don't own their cars five years anyhow.

traveler17

Reaction score
Seems like a heck of a way to alienate potential future customers. When I took over a failed location I let peole know we would honor prior coupons and memberships for 60 days.
Take it in context Earl, there’s a way to approach people and when someone comes in barking and demanding they can move down the road. Customers aren’t always right in my world

washnshine

Reaction score
I think the only way to possibly make this fly due to expense would be partner with a dealership and have the service baked into the purchase and financing, and you make it not transferable. Historically most new car buyers don't own their cars five years anyhow.
Right - or maybe an up charge on a lease agreement.