What's new

Lettering for vinyl door

madstack

Reaction score
Just bought a Goff G2 door. It works great and keeps the bay much warmer than our old folding plastic strip wind curtain. The problem is that despite the clear panels, it looks very dark from the road and we look closed. I'd like to put some white reflective letters that spell "OPEN" across the clear panels. Is this a good idea? Has anyone done this or solved it another way? DYI or get a pro? Any help would be appreciated.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I have cut vinyl signs for myself. But the reflective vinyl is pretty expensive and I would pay someone to cut the open sign unless I had a lot to cut.

I might consider green reflective vinyl also.... It might be easier to see in daylight?

washme1

Reaction score
Just bought a Goff G2 door. It works great and keeps the bay much warmer than our old folding plastic strip wind curtain. The problem is that despite the clear panels, it looks very dark from the road and we look closed. I'd like to put some white reflective letters that spell "OPEN" across the clear panels. Is this a good idea? Has anyone done this or solved it another way? DYI or get a pro? Any help would be appreciated.
I have signs on my doors that say, "HEATED BAY" as the floor heat keeps the bay warm and "DOOR OPENS AUTOMATICALLY"
it also closes automatically.

Scrub Free

Reaction score
I have a large open with small hours of operation on all 4 of my roll up doors. I used vynal green with white. I notice it, but I swear people turn around and think it's closed. So I leave the front/exit door open durring washes so the moisture poors out during high pressure passes. No doubt it makes a difference. Wish I could go back to no doors, but the benefits are obvious.

gearhead

Reaction score
My exits face the road that feeds the wash. I have signs posted over each bay exit (not on door) that say "open". I also have "doors open automatically" on the entrance doors. Also feathers banners go up out front that say "open". I find this works well for me. You could also put Windmaster or sandwich sign at the entrance also. Seems to me that after a few years at my place this issue has kinda taken care of itself. Most of the people know the routine.

madstack

Reaction score
Took jprb's advice and bought that LED "OPEN" sign. Visible even when the sun's out.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have my own vinyl cutter. 4 Years ago when I redid the carwash I put "OPEN 24 HOURS" on the clear panels of the Airlift XRS Entrance door and "DOOR OPENS AUTOMATICALLY" on the top blue panel of the door. The open 24 hours still looks near new. The door opens automatically doesnt last long. The vinyl does not stick to the colored panels well. I also put the flashing "OPEN 24 Hours" sign that Sams Club sells over the entrance. People still see the door closed and some ask if its open and see people on camera pull off.