What's new

Lets Sue Rejuvenate For Deceptive Trade

Red Baron

Reaction score
Dear Mr. Waltrip:

You have affiliated your good name with Rejuvenate, who we believe may be using misleading and false advertising that is damaging to car wash owners nationwide. The information given in the TV ads, and on their website, we believe intentionally implies that all touchfree car washes use recycled water and damage auto finish, etc.

I have posted this request on a large car wash forum, seeking contributions for a legal remedy: http://98.131.36.222/showthread.php?p=45075#post45075

Sincerely,
Tim Adams
Red Baron Car Wash
www.redbaroncarwash.com

Red Baron

Reaction score
Possibly a better course of action would be to get the attention of the Texas Attorney General's office to look into a Deceptive Trade Practices & Consumer Protection Act case. These are very toothy in Texas and carry treble damages.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I'm on board, what can I do to help?
I'm open to suggestions. Possibly get $300 in contributions (3 or 6 contributors) first to get an attorney to write a letter demanding a change in their advertising. If that fails, expand to get 50 people to donate $100 ea to get an attorney on retainer to sue them. In lieu of that, if we could get an AG's office to look into it, the cost would be zero.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Contact the AG in each state, one of them is bound to do something. You will need the ad and the reason that it is deceptive.

Email the trades and have them get on it.