What's new

Let's Open Up This Can of Worms.......Again

Eric H

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, I think waxman is the one I gleaned the idea from. In a different post, he stated that his bays will start with just a dollar
I think his bays were starting for a buck, but the price sticker says "$2.00". It was a "glitch" in the way the timer was setup. Most of the customers were putting in the $2 because the sign said to.
I'm sure he'll be along shortly to clear it up.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I just don't see it as being as issue. I will probably put my vacs at $1/5 minutes and the bays at $1/2 minutes. I am sure that there will be people that disagree with my setup, but I guess as long as I am happy and I don't drive all my customers to the competition, then why should I really care ;-)

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My bays will start for $1, but you only get 1 min, 45 seconds. Yes, it's enough time to make a mess in there, but I'd say the majority use the $2. I am $2 for 3.5 minutes. I think my SS bays are busy compared to many I see.

It's because people on here help keep me running and convinced me to keep the water hot and the soaps & waxes rich!

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm sure he means the low start-up time. Waxman or his employees are on location many hours, so they can either curb problem customers or quickly clean up after them. Some of us operate mostly unattended, and we've found that a lot of the idiots who just want to make a mess and spend little money are less likely to do it with a higher start-up price.