What's new

Lets Get Into the ICA Show!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My flight is booked. Taking my Dad again. I plan to make this my best ICA show yet.

Working up an itinerary. Any suggestions? Going to Hoover Dam and the show Jubilee so far. :D

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Your just now booking your flight! I booked mine on New Years eve! We are pathetic little men aren't we?

Where are you going to stay?

Eric H

Reaction score
Going to Hoover Dam
Be sure to pay the extra money and go on the "hard hat tour". The Park Service stopped doing this tour after 911, but I am told they are doing it again.

http://www.usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam/service/DamTour.html
I looked it up, and it looks like they have renamed the hard hat tour the dam tour. The description sounds correct but I remember it being more expensive and required you to wear a hard hat.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I'm not sure that you should take your dad to Jubillee, I've been 4-5 times and he might have a heart attack. I would see Circus Seria or how ever you spell it at Treasure Island, I've seen that 5-6 times always worth it. La Case at the Riveria is also worth it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW the Cirque shows are amazing. Some wait till the last minute and try and get half price tics. I tried this but got frozen out of soem shows since some are "Dark" on different nights.

So, you can get tics on line before yur trip and then plan for show dates and times picking one each night. I wouldn't reccomend more than 2 per trip. A lot of stuff is similar.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I would like to be at CES this week. I went about 4 yrs ago. An awesome convention, and tickets are free. I hope the snow is gone by May -last years april show, we had 12" while i was at the convention. With the rough winter, I can't imagine the suppliers will be too upbeat about sales for the ICA. Hospitality rooms were at a minimum last year- did anyone find one last year.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Wow it is in May! Now I think I can make it (March is just too busy at the wash).

BTW, it's called Cirque Du Soleil (French for circus of the sun) out of Montreal. Will be making a couple of these shows at least if I go.

Big

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
we squeezed into the space for the acf party last year and maybe should find a bigger room if possible. just my 2 cents...

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Actually, they have done a much better job on previous trips there. They didn't seem to be prepared at all last time. They put us in that same area every time, but have had the table layout different and it worked much better. I think the first time we went there we had four people too many and Randy and entourage had to sit in an odd place where we couldn't see or converse with him very well, but many may see that as a plus :D. Maybe Bill was thinking ahead.

Hey Bill, how about some name tags with lines for a real name and a forum handle? I'm always wondering what the screen name is for the people I am chatting with. I sat next to "Kirb" last year, but for the life of me I can't remember his real name.

Last edited:

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I am almost looking forward more to the Forum party than the Show itself. Good to see the folks and talk to people actually in the business.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Vegas shows

I spent $1,300 on tickets to Cher recently. Took my wife and a few friends-- it was a terrible show. If you have any inclination to see Cher simply read the negative reviews on ticketmaster.com-- I think they are all accurate.

The Beatles Love Show is awesome. Been to it twice; it was just as good the 2nd time.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wow $1300 is more than i pay for my cars!!!

cher does not interest me but burlesque shows do!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I spent $1,300 on tickets to Cher recently. Took my wife and a few friends-- it was a terrible show. If you have any inclination to see Cher simply read the negative reviews on ticketmaster.com-- I think they are all accurate.
Wow, I've been a fan of Cher for a long time and wanted to see her show this year or next. I read reviews on Tripadvisor and the comments were mostly that she was mostly off stage for costume changes, with the occasional "best show I've ever seen" comment. In '06 we went to see Celine Dion at the same place. She only did three costume changes and was on stage about 90% of the time. In '07 we saw Elton John. I'm not a fan of his, but the show was great (and a little wierd), and he was on stage the whole time. It's amazing that they would put on a show with the same complaints over and over and not make some changes :confused: Thanks for the heads up.

soapy

Reaction score
If anyone is flying out a day early and need something to do on Saturday night the final event of the American motocross association is being held at Sam Boyd Stadium on Saturday night May 11. Get you tickets now as is always sold out early. I have been a few times and it is a great event for those who like motorcycles.