What's new

LED7 - Sensortron Combination....Intermittent 4 pulses per coin.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Which is the most logical culpret? The timer or coin exceptor? Neither components can be set for 4 pulses per coin. It doesn't happen all the time, so it's one of those intermittent issues. The ones that are fun to solve! When it does it, the horn will even pulse 4 times. I discovered this late last night, thanks to an honest Gramma! Makes me wonder how long I've been giving out free time!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Had this happen twice recently. Extra Pulse on on and accepting and missing quarters on another - Sensortrons. One had Coleman / B&C Timer and one had Ginsan. Problem solved both times by replacing mechanism.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I planned on replacing both Led 7 and Sensortron with new ones this afternoon when I get home from work. I shut the bay down last night. I don't like giving away Free sh$t...

I have had sensortrons that lasted for over 20 years before they failed. Mostly for not sending a pulse to the timer. Not for sending too many pulses. I've had Led7's fail, but not for this particular reason.

So I was thinking I'll probably take the Problem Childs camping with me this weekend and feed them coins while drinking beer around the campfire! Perfect way to relax and work at the same time!

bigjws

Reaction score
This happens to me all the time .. according to Ginsan, when the sensitrons get too dirty inside they'll start counting extra, not counting, etc...basically just messing up. I've never had to replace the timer (I have Dixmor 300's), only the sensitron. There's a 'technical' sheet they can send you showing how to clean the sensitron, or you can send it in to them for cleaning/repair.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
That's interesting. I rarely have the sensortrons fail. I swapped it out this evening and left the Led7. Seemed to be working fine. Will test the culpret acceptor off line to see if I can reproduce the error. Then clean it and see if I can get it to fail. While sitting at the campsite watching the fire!

bigjws

Reaction score
Well, I guess ‘all the time’ is maybe a little much… I probably have a couple go out per year out of the thirtyish I have in service…one of my washes has quite a bit of semi/dump truck traffic with a lot of grease and grit which probably contributes to the problems. But yeah, I’ve never had a timer be the problem when this comes up, it’s always the Sensortron ..