What's new

LED Self Serve Booms

Scott220

Reaction score
Just ordered and rec'd 2 z-booms per 4 bay with led. Waiting on service to install. Overkill purchase but figured led light shows were future Of our trade. I'll keep ya posted on results

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Scott220 - interested to hear/see your thoughts on the product. The YouTube video is okay to watch, but would rather see a little more. Couldn't tell if the booms were the only things glowing or if some other lighting on the site helped out.

JamboWash

Reaction score
Scott220 - interested to hear/see your thoughts on the product. The YouTube video is okay to watch, but would rather see a little more. Couldn't tell if the booms were the only things glowing or if some other lighting on the site helped out.
Any update on how the LED boom are glowing, performing, has it played any part on business increase

Scott220

Reaction score
Sorry guys, my installer has had health issues delaying install of booms. I hope within the next 2 weeks. I really don't expect any increase in business with the LED's in the booms. Just looking for some bling. I'll be sure to keep you posted with results.

RAATCB

Reaction score
The LED booms are pointless when you have a well lite bay. It only looks good when it's pitch blacked.

Scott220

Reaction score
Originally foamy brush and HP gun were mounted on same wall. Relocated FB on opposite wall plumbing weep to adjacent bay HP gun. Important to have home position of hoses hang at 9:00 and 3:00 to get as tight on wall as possible or booms will get hung up on each other as you bump into hose hanging in front of you. Adjustments were made after pics were taken. Also hose would occasionally get hung up on dryer hood, we bent conduit around hood so hose now slides around. I'll include pics at a later time. They really add no additional light to the bay but I'm pleased with the added "bling". Sorry for delay in getting you feedback.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, and agree that they're more bling than anything. Probably helps if the bay is higher than the road out front to ensure maximum visibility.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I went to an ica show years ago (>5+).... someone was trying to sell me outdoor led lights like that on the airplane for my wash facade. I believe KR at least use to sell someone like them? But you can purchase them even at Home Depot now. You could not help but see those lights on your building from the road. :) Plus the leds are obviously better then neon.... people like to throw stuff at neon.

So the only reason you need new booms is to run power to the led strips? So you replaced 2 of your 180° booms with those?

Last edited:

Scott220

Reaction score
Yes my lot sits down a slight grade from the hwy. so vision is a bit hindered but trust me if you right on the street they will turn heads, especially at night. These replaced older 360 degree hp booms and 180 degree FB. Lights can be programmed to flash multiple colors or any solid color.