What's new

Led Lights

Wet Spot

Reaction score
I'm considering adding a few led flood lights to help luminate my drying area. Basically I have a rectangular lot that runs long from front to back, with entrance only from the front. I have 4 vacuumed stations, two in the front and two in the back, they split bays 1 and 2, with another splitting bays 3and 4. Each station has a pole light with a MH light. I just purchased these a few years ago and I run them all night. The bays are bright with t5s; however my front drying areas and even more the rear since longer are kind of dark, only bright under pole. I'm thinking about adding some led flood light from the roof of my CW, possibly 2 in both front and back. I'm not sure about replacing MH since the lights are still in great shape, they are from RAB lighting, not sure if they have a retro led kit. But I'm looking for a good light to use on the roof with relatively low wattage but decent lumens to brighten up the area between the pole stations at 4 corners of property.

Thx

Last edited:

Wet Spot

Reaction score
I'm more than likely going to move my MH's to the roof as my floods, I'll put them on a timer during evening hours 2-4 hrs. I need to find some good led, reasonably priced led pole lights, 70-105 watts I'm guessing. They will be attached to a 2 3/8" tenon pole adaptor. Looking for price and quaility.

Thx

pgrzes

Reaction score
Not sure about your electric supplier, but I had my electric co. put in 3 lights for both front and rear of my lot on the light poles. I pay them $32 per month for each and have 0 maintenance. I had my own 250w Mh lights over my vac islands and was always replacing bulbs and or ballasts. Now my lot is much brighter and if a light goes out its just a phone call and usually same day light is repaired.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Prgezs, so you pay $192/mo, just for those 6 lights? If so, that seems kinda high...?

pgrzes

Reaction score
No, I pay $96 for 3 lights. Yes its not cheap, but overall its easy. A bad bulb or ballast is just a phone call, no more extension ladder up a shaky light pole!!! Its bright as a car dealer lot, and no worry for me or my helper.

lilb93

Reaction score
They arrived today, Looks just like a Hubble wall pack. Box says UL and Fixture says UL. Yes Chinese made. Will get photos up soon.
Are they really UL listed?? I can take a can of soup and put a UL label on it. Opened one up inside, The heatsink was dripping compound
on the inside. It does have a ground on the main case, There is NO ground going into the Ballast.

lilb93

Reaction score
FIrst photo is our storage area in the dark, Camera made it lighter than it was, Second Photo is the light lit at 5' high.

MEP001

Reaction score
The ballast isn't going to require a ground. It's a safety feature to ground the housing in case something else shorts against it to prevent it from becoming live.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
lilb93,

I am not sure what the distinction between a power supply & a ballast is ... but we chose IP67 rated MeanWells also for our 24 VDC output power supplies for our extra bright 850 lumens per foot Quad LED Strips strategically spaced in the most effective way. We did that in our less hostile laundromat area. In three of our self service car wash bays we used the completely 100% waterproof 800+lumens per foot G&Gs from KleenRite.

I did a lot of research before hand on the power supplies & everything pointed towards the MeanWells' being top notch quality ... so that is a good sign in my opinion relating to your brand new shipment that just came in. I hope the import works out for you in this (gasp) Global Economy.

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

lilb93

Reaction score
Well they went in with no problem. First photo shows with one installed. Second is a short video from I phone.

lilb93

Reaction score
Yes I am very happy with them. Put them in all 4 bays. Customers all like them also. Time will tell if they hold up. Have a 5 year warranty.
They ship from NC.

Randy

Reaction score
Yes I am very happy with them. Put them in all 4 bays. Customers all like them also. Time will tell if they hold up. Have a 5 year warranty.
Now that you have about 4 months on these LED lights how do you like them? Are they what you excepted?