What's new

LED Lights & Increased Sales

JLG26

Reaction score
Has anyone installed color LED lights to an existing IBA bay and seen an increase in sales? If so, how much of an increase?

Last edited:

JLG26

Reaction score
This is really interesting. Over 100 views & no comments. I was thinking of adding some really nice LED lights to my existing 3 IBA's, but now I'm thinking it may not be worth the investment. However, I would appreciate any feedback anyone would like to share. Thanks!

KleanRide

Reaction score
I put in LEDs when I bought the wash I currently own. Hard to tell if my increased sales were a result of better lighting, but it was really dark before the LED's and my traffic from homeless, drug dealers and night lizards has decreased significantly. For sure I think that customers feel safer coming after dark if that's their only choice.

JLG26

Reaction score
I put in LEDs when I bought the wash I currently own. Hard to tell if my increased sales were a result of better lighting, but it was really dark before the LED's and my traffic from homeless, drug dealers and night lizards has decreased significantly. For sure I think that customers feel safer coming after dark if that's their only choice.
Thanks for the reply. Our IBA's are very well lighted with white LED lights. I'm thinking of adding colored LED & doing a mini light show during the wash cycle.

carwashireland

Reaction score
I added them a few years back when it was really only being done on conveyors. It was done as part of a multi site revamp and added as a foaming wax rain arch. It definitely made a positive impact and helped us raise our average ticket price by about 10%

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have colored LEDs on my new SoftGloss. Customers do like it, & it has probably increased my nightime washing
Overall increase by about 15% ish. But a lot of moms tell me they go through at night cause their kids like the light show. Very hard to discern if those washes would be bought anyways, during the day, or not.

JLG26

Reaction score
I added them a few years back when it was really only being done on conveyors. It was done as part of a multi site revamp and added as a foaming wax rain arch. It definitely made a positive impact and helped us raise our average ticket price by about 10%
Thank you for the feedback. That's good information.

JLG26

Reaction score
I have colored LEDs on my new SoftGloss. Customers do like it, & it has probably increased my nightime washing
Overall increase by about 15% ish. But a lot of moms tell me they go through at night cause their kids like the light show. Very hard to discern if those washes would be bought anyways, during the day, or not.
Good information. I've heard the same thing, which is why I'm considering adding them to my bays. Growing up, I didn't have that kind of influence on my parents purchasing decisions, but I guess we now live in a different age.

JLG26

Reaction score
Good information. Thanks

soonermajic

Reaction score
After coaching for 28 years, there is an ENTIRELY different type of parent, & therefore kid, nowadays. I am not burn3d put, nor cynical, but it is becoming extremely problematic.
There are still a lot of amazing kids & patents, however, they are becoming more & more rare.

cdiix

Reaction score
Despite their small size, LEDs emit a large amount of light that puts a great strain on the eyes and causes rapid fatigue. It is advisable to avoid low-quality products, as they use lenses with a narrowly-directed light beam, increasing brightness but blinding consumers. My house has lighting that uses LED technology, and I don't feel any discomfort in my eyes. A couple of weeks ago, I purchased an LED strip and plugged it into a smart outlet like this https://www.amazon.com/smart-plug-wifi-plugs-alexa/dp/B09KTYH3MJ. I really liked it because I could save energy and money.

Last edited:

traveler17

Reaction score
Despite their small size, LEDs emit a large amount of light that puts a great strain on the eyes and causes rapid fatigue. It is advisable to avoid low-quality products, as they use lenses with a narrowly-directed light beam, increasing brightness but blinding consumers.
Thanks a lot , I was just sitting here wondering about that

SuperShine

Reaction score
Is your bay light controlled now, meaning can LEDs produce a good daytime show?
Black out any bay windows and bay doors help sunlight washout during the day.

You also want to have your bay lights on a cut out switch if keeping your existing white bay lights so they don’t wash out your LED light bars. When the wash cycle starts, your white bay lights cut out to make the color LEDs pop.

When you buy a Petit they have an optional bay cut out switch for your lights.
I’d also suggest you attach a specific color to your wash passes to differentiate wash cycles vs annoying, random color cycling throughout
example, presoak is red, rinse is blue, ceramic pass through rain bar is multi colored.

it’s true, customers and kids love lights!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I don’t agree with cutting out the bay lights during the wash. The wash I use does that and I don’t care to sit in a dark bay because that owner thinks his useless colored lights are cool. My wife won’t use that wash after dark because she doesn’t feel safe there.

SuperShine

Reaction score
I don’t agree with cutting out the bay lights during the wash. The wash I use does that and I don’t care to sit in a dark bay because that owner thinks his useless colored lights are cool. My wife won’t use that wash after dark because she doesn’t feel safe there.
I’d say not all lights are created equal.
My bays are never dark. Bright white before the wash starts, lights cut out when they park and instantly switch to six colored light bars, red for the presoak pass. Always moving from one color to another even a dwell period has a color.