What's new

LED conversion kit

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I installed one into a wall pack to test out. Took a bit of modification to make work in my particular wall pack, but puts out good light and is still working 1 year on.

6t7gto

Reaction score
I came across this video. I did this to one wallpack on the side of my building. I had already converted the mogul socket to a medium size for my 105w CFL lamp. I added two more sockets and installed 3 60w Daylight LED bulbs. Bulbs were a 3 pack for$10.00. 2 sockets cost me $7.00. I have to say the wallpack is looking good.
Here's the video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUKcRi2Ybc

6t7gto

Reaction score
Thought I would try this corn style bulb. 54w instead of 105w that the CFL pulled.

The far right bulb is the 54w corn style. The rest are 105w CFL

johnny

johnny
Reaction score
just a thought, has anybody tried to light a bay using 4 or 6 led flood lights,
you can buy led flood lights at a fair price,

you can set it up to have some come on when you start up the bay
just curios

MEP001

Reaction score
I drive by a wash every day that has four small (probably 26W LED floodlights on the wall of two bays pointing down. It lights up the bay better than the others with four 8-foot fluorescents.

I've thought for while about having 1/4 of the lights on all the time and the rest come on when the timer is started and kept on either with a loop detector in the floor or a motion sensor above the meter box.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
GTO,
Maybe I missed the post trying but where did you get the LED corncob light and how much was it?

mmurra

Reaction score
At some point is it worth replacing the whole fixture with new LED. We did that 4 years ago and have not touched the fixtures since. They have paid for themselves and no hassles, lamp changes, etc. Wonderful!