What's new

LED 7 Randomly Counting Up

Rfreeman

Reaction score
So I have 1 bay that turns on and starts counting up. I have LED 7 timers and no credit cards...yet. so why it starts counting up is besides me. I have had it start adding credits as if someone was putting in qtrs but not randomly counting up.

I pulled up to the wash and bay #1 timer was counting up as if someone had turned it on and it was connected to credit cards.

I removed the timer and thought it was a faulty timer. Sent it to Dixmor and they sent it back saying they couldn't replicate the issue. In the meantime the other timer I replaced it with was working fine but within a day or two same thing....randomly turns on and starts counting up time.

I dont have credit cards at this wash....so I'm a little confused.

Any ideas?

Randy

Reaction score
I'd try replacing the coin acceptor. Sounds like the coin relay on the coin acceptor is going bad. What kind of coin acceptors do you have? Do you have bill validators on those bays, the pulse relay could also be bad.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks Randy I was thinking that would be my next step as well. What I don't understand though let's say it is the coin acceptor why does the timer start counting up?

Randy

Reaction score
Thanks Randy I was thinking that would be my next step as well. What I don't understand though let's say it is the coin acceptor why does the timer start counting up?
What kind of coin acceptors do you have? If the coin relay is acting up it'll be just like putting coins into the coin acceptor.

MEP001

Reaction score
It can't be the coin acceptor. If it goes bad with a closed coin signal, the timer will read "COIN." Check the CC wire and make sure it's not touching voltage. Make sure the plug isn't melted or has something in it bridging the pins.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
The plug that goes into the back of the timer?

I'll check the cc wire as well....thanks for the tip.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Had this happen and found a wire contacting the box

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Okay so checked this morning and the plug is as good as new so that isn't the issue.

Per the diagram the white and black wire is the cc wire and I did find it like this...see picture.

I think I found the culprit or at least I hope I did. I put a wire nut on it and zip tied back and away for good measure

Attachments

cmawash

Reaction score
if all else fails we have trouble shoot some systems with starting or shutting down randomly . problem was cause by floting grounds in neutal grounds wire in the system resulting a electrical spike. not a common problem but is nasty to find and trouble shoot

Etowah

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but I think the problem was in my previous post with picture. Since putting a wore nut on the wire we haven't had the problem and it's been almost a week.