What's new

LED 7 problem

Eric H

Reaction score
The wire feed on one of my vacs had a nick in the covering and finally shorted out and burned thru the wire last week. I replaces the wire but the short may have killed my dixmor LED7.
When I apply power to the timer all of the bars on the first digit light up but none of the other digits light up. I tried puting a few coins the the acceptor to see if just the display board was damaged but it does not turn the vac on.
Is the timer shot or is there something I can do to save it?

MEP001

Reaction score
Dixmor will repair it much cheaper than a new one and they have a pretty fast turnaround. I've sent in timers with the case melted almost to nothing, and they came back looking like new and cost only a third of a new timer.

Randy

Reaction score
Sounds like you burned up the Triac and a couple of resistors. I always keep one spare Dixmor timer on hand for times like this. When you send it back to Dixmor put a note in with it and have them send you back a new harness when they return the timer. If you’re not using credit cards or a bill acceptor on the Vacuum, ask for the “Old Style” harness. The harness isn't all that expensive.

Eric H

Reaction score
Randy;55014 I always keep one spare Dixmor timer on hand for times like this. When you send it back to Dixmor put a note in with it and have them send you back a new harness when they return the timer. If you’re not using credit cards or a bill acceptor on the Vacuum said:
I have a stack of spare timers and harnesses from when I converted the bays to CC. I was just hoping that I could repair this myself.

Thanks for the help!