What's new

leaking solenoid

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I added a bug/salt spray this year using a manifold on the floor. I had to add a booster pump to get the product to the windshield. The normally closed solenoid I have had to replace twice. The one we used is rated for 150 lbs. When the pump is activated we are pumping considerably more than that but of course the solenoid is open. Do I need a high pressure solenoid? It just sticks open and sprays water all the time. The first time I thought I just had a bad solenoid but now it has done it again. Any words of wisdom?
Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of solenoid valve did you use? How much pressure are we talking about higher than the 150 lbs. rating of the valve? Could it be that the inside of the solenoid valve is being eroded by the bug spray?

MEP001

Reaction score
If you used a Dema 412, replace it. They've been problematic for some time. You should have better luck with a GS high-pressure solenoid, which you can get from Dultmeier. The Dema 453P needs at least 5 PSI behind it to keep it closed, otherwise it works well too.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I switched to a different brand. 2 Demas is enough for me. Maybe the ARO will be better.