What's new

Lava bath sheet is more of a drip than a sheet.

carwashpope

Reaction score
I use a lava bath sheet and for whatever reason it doesn't come out as a sheet. I've cleaned and cleaned it and it acts like it wants to form a sheet but doesn't.

The chemical is delivered by a hydra flex, and uses a versadial. My versadial is at 22, and the air pressure is at 40. I'm hoping someone hear has good knowledge on the hydra flex system and can help me out.

Eric H

Reaction score
What machine is this on?
I know a lot of people that own Razors have removed the stainless steel plate that is supposed to create the sheet and just use it as a rain bar.
I did have some success cleaning the plate and sanding the edge so that there was no “hook” on the cut edge

carwashpope

Reaction score
What machine is this on?
I know a lot of people that own Razors have removed the stainless steel plate that is supposed to create the sheet and just use it as a rain bar.
I did have some success cleaning the plate and sanding the edge so that there was no “hook” on the cut edge
It's not a machine. Just an arch with the sheet bar attached to it. Uses foamers to push air into the chemical. I thought about swapping over to a rain bar but I'm unsure on how it would look.

Eric H

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought this was in the Inbay category.

since no one else has responded I’ll give it a shot.
Is the arch a fairly long distance from the pump? I had to move my tubing from 3/8 to 1/2” at one location to get the triple foam work. The flow loss was too much for a long distance, about 50’.

IMO, Earl Wiess’s foam arch is the best looking I’ve ever seen. https://youtube.com/shorts/9lY1XbaDwuY?feature=share
It’s something he made and if I remember correctly uses the discharge from a vacuum motor to provide huge amounts of air to create the effect

MC3033

Reaction score
Getting a full sheet costs a lot of extra money or a product solely meant for foaming/sheeting with little other use.

Sheeting needs flow + product + air (to much air is also no good)

What size injector are you running?
What product are you running?
What size chemical delivery lines do you have?
Whose applicator is it?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm betting the problem is that you are using holy water. Everybody knows you can't get that to foam.

washnshine

Reaction score
You may be foaming the product too much. It becomes so light and airy that that it doesn’t have enough weight to sheet. Are you going for this look?

It has to be closer to water or a rinse-like property to form the “wall”.

Attachments

philliesfan94

Reaction score
@carwashpope I have the same set up here. It is definitely not easy to keep the full sheet going but here is how I achieve it. First off, I actually have 3 chemical lines and air lines that feed the lava sheet (side note: I used to have a Mr. Foamer lava sheet which just never really got the desired results. I swapped over to a New Wave lava sheet which has 6 foamers instead of I believe the 4 that the Mr. Foamer had)

I have 2 set up with a versadial and 1 with a standard chemical tip. The 2 with the versadial feed the passenger and driver side lines while a turquoise tip feeds the middle. My 2 versadials are set to number 29 (yes this uses a decent amount of chemistry but my volume can justify the extra cost and to get the perfect sheet with this equipment you need to be willing to use a lot of chemistry. My air is set to 15 psi for the driver and passenger lines and the middle line is set to 20 psi.

My set up is unique in the fact that my equipment room is on the second floor,, but I've been able to maintain a full sheet with the settings I wrote out above.

eckert16

Reaction score
Haven't seen discussion on the main factor. Sheet Foamers use a lot of product, yes; but they also use a lot of water flow. Consider the total gpm going to the sheet foamer. Search the mfg site, or call them, and make sure your pump gpm is sufficient; injector gpm is sufficient; and lines are large enough to overcome pressure drops and flow rate changes over their length to the sheet foamer.