What's new

Laurel elctronic vendor help

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
One of my vendors works fine until it is sold out. The rod drops like it should and the display reads sold out, but if you drop coins in, it will accept them and beep like it does when not sold out. It does not credit anything for the coins inserted when sold out. It is supposed to reject the coins when sold out.

Any suggestions?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the sold out rod isnt hitting the switch when it drops - or the switch is bad. Randy is right though, call/email Chip, he'll take care of you fast.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
The sold out rod is good, otherwise the display wouldn't read "sold out". Chip recommended swapping the acceptor with another vendor and the problem stayed with the machine, didn't move with the acceptor. This tells me that the acceptor is good.

I could just keep the machine full, but on a busy day it will sell out twice (not really easy to keep full, I know a good problem to have). I could move the whole acceptor and motor assy to another machine, but I'd like to get this one fixed.

Maybe a new control board?

MEP001

Reaction score
That's all that's left. The switch is a single contact so it can't be that, and you've confirmed the acceptor is ok. They repair them cheap, and if you have a number of vendors it's always good to have a spare.