What's new

Last Penny Minted

JeffM

The Canadian
Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2012/05/04/mb-canada-last-penny-mint.html

MEP001

Reaction score
From the story: "People don't even bend over to pick them up off the ground anymore." Most customers at our wash won't even bend over to pick up a dime.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
From the story: "People don't even bend over to pick them up off the ground anymore." Most customers at our wash won't even bend over to pick up a dime.
At my wash I pick them all up .... they really add up ..... over time. Probably eat out several times a year with wife and kids doing this. Folks are lazy....

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Understanding Inflation & the need for proper adjustments for cash transactions

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2012/05/04/mb-canada-last-penny-mint.html
JeffM & others,

At risk of being accused of hijacking this thread ... but it is related ... so I just want to make a point.

Here in the USA we have people saying that the dollar coin proponents are just a bunch of mining companies who have a conflict of interest. That does not hold water ... simply because those same mining companies ARE NOT OPPOSING THE ELIMINATION OF THE PENNY & even possibly our nickel. To not be good stewards over our resources is a mistake.

I have visited Winnipeg & sure there are definitely differences between our two countries. That does not mean that Americans should not learn from our Canadian neighbors ... especially when they clearly prove that they made the right choices on a specific issue. Hopefully, we Americans are worthy of the same consideration from Canadians ... when valid evidence is in our favor ... that we are more in the right!

mike walsh king koin of bismarck