What's new

Last coin alert beeper

Don B.

Reaction score
how about adding a second horn?
Yeah, that’s an idea. One on the opposite side of the box. That would probably be the easiest route. That should make it louder!

Don B.

Reaction score
That will surely draw too much current.
Yeah, you’re right. Probably wouldn’t of done that anyway. I will probably try adding another one. That should work. Unless you think two of them will draw too much current.

Randy

Reaction score
The “Intervo BRP4535S-12-C” horn is the horn that we’ve been using forever. I don’t have any problems not hearing it. I do have one bay that has a different horn in it that doesn’t have screw terminals on it, it’s soldered on the wires and I think it’s a little bigger than the Intervo horn. I’ll try to remember to look at it next time I’m at the car wash. We don't hangout at the car wash but I’ve noticed that a lot people get annoyed when the beeper goes off.
Here's a link to the spec's on Intervo beeper https://us.rs-online.com/product/ic...c&utm_content=Parts | ICC Intervox | 70115826

Last edited:

Don B.

Reaction score
The “Intervo BRP4535S-12-C” horn is the horn that we’ve been using forever. I don’t have any problems not hearing it. I do have one bay that has a different horn in it that doesn’t have screw terminals on it, it’s soldered on the wires and I think it’s a little bigger than the Intervo horn. I’ll try to remember to look at it next time I’m at the car wash. We don't hangout at the car wash but I’ve noticed that a lot people get annoyed when the beeper goes off.
Here's a link to the spec's on Intervo beeper https://us.rs-online.com/product/icc-intervox/brp4535s-12-c/70115826/?gclid=fbea4920954b172873832d84c022ccd7&gclsrc=3p.ds&msclkid=fbea4920954b172873832d84c022ccd7&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Search | Parts 2.0 | US | N-RLSA | ICC Intervox | IMP_EX_GR&utm_term=brp4535s 12 c&utm_content=Parts | ICC Intervox | 70115826
That’s the one I’m using.

Randy

Reaction score
That’s the one I’m using.
100db is pretty loud at 3 meters. I've never pay much attention to the beeper when the high pressure is on. We use the remote to wash out the bay with the timer set at 10 minutes so we are done washing out the bay when the beeper goes off.

Don B.

Reaction score
I haven’t been on the forum in a while. Life gets in the way. A lot of things going on, stressful things.
Anyhow, an update on my beeper problem. I added another beeper in the meter box and tried two together. That didn’t work! In fact, with two, it changed the tone of them and actually made them sound a little weaker. I guess the output didn’t have enough current to run two of them. I wound up pulling them out of the meter boxes and putting them in their own enclosure and mounting them on the wall beside the timer. Much, much louder now.
No problem hearing them now, even when using the high pressure spray. I talked to dixmor, and they told me that the beeper would be too muffled inside of the coin meter box and recommended that I put them in an enclosure on the wall with the face of the beeper opened up to the outside. That cured the problem!

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Except that horn isn't weatherproof. It'll probably last a long time as long as no one sprays water into it. I'm surprised it's not loud enough in the box with the speaker facing the coin slot. IMO it's plenty loud like that.

Don B.

Reaction score
Except that horn isn't weatherproof. It'll probably last a long time as long as no one sprays water into it. I'm surprised it's not loud enough in the box with the speaker facing the coin slot. IMO it's plenty loud like that.
Well, as cheap as the horns are, I don’t mind if I have to change one every once in a while. You could change one out in five minutes! The horn works OK in the coin box unless they’re using the high pressure spray, that’s where I got the complaints that you couldn’t hear it! And it was true, because I couldn’t hear it either when I washed my pick up with the high-pressure spray on. Especially if I was on the opposite side of the vehicle! But I don’t have to worry about it now, you can hear it all over the washbay! Thats all I was after!

TMoliver

Reaction score
Have you ever tried the IDX horn? i have several that have lasted over 5 years now in my meter boxes. People sometimes complain as they are too loud. I bought my from KleenRite.

Don B.

Reaction score
Have you ever tried the IDX horn? i have several that have lasted over 5 years now in my meter boxes. People sometimes complain as they are too loud. I bought my from KleenRite.
No I haven’t tried them. Are they 12V DC?

TMoliver

Reaction score
I have some on IDX and others on Dixmor timers. Can't tell the difference myself in loudness.

Etowah
Etowah