What's new

Last 6 months business

Etowah

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Is this the worst 6 months car wash business in the mid atlantic region or am I just a ****ty operator?

slash007

Reaction score
Same here, and I don't see an end in sight. Weather is just dreadful with no more than 2-3 days without rain in a row for some time now. Most weekends have been raining and the summer was humid and rainy.

OurTown

Reaction score
Ohio doesn't seem to be much better.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Same here. My numbers are down for the year. This entire year has been one of the worst weather patterns I've ever seen for our area. Its either too hot and humid or cold and raining. Not much you can do to combat this....

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Look at the weather map for Central and Northeastern States...100% chance of rain today, Again!

OurTown

Reaction score
Tomorrow looks very promising though.

slash007

Reaction score
Tomorrow is supposed to be 60 and sunny, but then followed by cold and more rain. Next weekend is forecasting more rain.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's been tough for car washes here too. It rains on weekends more often than not, unless a cold front blows in Friday night. When it does rain during the week it's at night and really heavy, which just rinses the parked cars clean. Rain completely ruined this years busy pollen season.

Eric H

Reaction score
I was having an excellent year until September began. we had 31 days for rain from Sept 1- Oct 31 and that doesn't count the overcast days. November wasn't much better with 3 days in the single digits and 8" of snow!
Inspite of the lousy weather my wash count for the IBA's for 2017 is the same as YTD '18. So I'm expect to have about a 4-5% increase which I can't complain about!
The weather certainly didn't help my Seasonal Depression Disorder. Thanks to Waxman and Whale of a Wash for talking me out of it a bit!

DPX22

Reaction score
Thought December was going to be a great month after the slump, looking like more rain again...

wash12

Reaction score
Anyone in AZ here? We are down 25% YTD curious if I am the only one down that much

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Same goes for us here in the midwest I'd say we are down at least 20% makes it hard to consider pulling the trigger on new equipment.

wash12

Reaction score
Same goes for us here in the midwest I'd say we are down at least 20% makes it hard to consider pulling the trigger on new equipment.
Do you think its weather related or new express style washes, we have a new express about 5 miles away but also not great weather and not sure how much I can blame on express vs weather. I know express has taken at least 10% but Im hoping weather is the other 15%.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Wash12, I’m certainly no expert but the rain here has had a major impact on negative sales, if you have a new competitor in town along with weather like the mid atlantic it’s a double whammy, not real sure how to measure that effectively. I just make a note on days it rains, washout........then try to look at the year before notes too and compare.

pgrzes

Reaction score
S.E.Pa. I went back through my records and since March we have only had 2 weekends(Fri. Sat. Sun.) that were without any precip. One of those weekends was in middle of summer and it was hot and humid as hell. It has been difficult. Allthough this Nov. was better then last Nov. Have not had more then a 2 or 3 day run of sun at all, roads are always wet.

soapy

Reaction score
Business was good until October. October and November were cloudy and slow. Found out this week that someone is building the 6th express wash in our town of 60,000.

wash12

Reaction score
Business was good until October. October and November were cloudy and slow. Found out this week that someone is building the 6th express wash in our town of 60,000.
Seems way over built they need everyone washing once a month divided evenly would put them at 10k each wash which is low for a new express for most areas. Plus I am sure you have plenty of ss and inbays. Hopefully it's in a high tourist town or something bc that sounds scary.