What's new

Laserwash with VT board

stud

Reaction score
I am having issues at a location with a VT board. Every once in a while when going across the back of the vehicle the trolley will stop half way across the back, arch rotate and hit the vehicle. I have calibrated sonars, checked X30 signal, replaced VT board and it still does it. I have even disconnect both sonars and it still hit the vehicle. Any help to solve this problem would be apprecated.

lag

Reaction score
I have had this happen. you are getting to many pulses from the x30 to the VT board ,throwing off the count. once it ended up being the festoon cable. the other time it was a loose connection to the interposing relay.

Put the VT board in position 3 , put the trolley in position on the drivers side so that the #8(i belive,check manual) light is on(trolley senser X30). Have someone run the bridge up and down the rails see if the #8 light goes on and off. If it flashes the green festoon to j4 is the issue.

Or you could switch the signal wire for input x30,from the J4 box to the J2 box.you should have a couple spares that you could use.

Other solutions can be a bad cable to the x30 prox. Make sure to replace it with a shielded prox cable. Check the interposing relay for the trolley in your J0 cabinet for loose connections.

Bottom line is that you are getting to many pulses from the X30 switch to the VT board.

madscientist

Reaction score
This sounds to me like your X30 is bad. Take it off and look at it. If it is scratched, change it. The rails tend to bow in and out as the temperature and humidity change. The X30 will at some point graze against metal and over time get scratched. The first sign of this is exactly what you describe.

Mike

Reaction score
First, with the ultrasounds hooked up, after the car loads, the arch dumps, then comes out and stops at the front pass side, does this happen??
If it does then you have a X30 issue.
If the arch doesnt stop or stops more then 6 inches off you have an ultrasound calibration or failure issue.

If you have a X30 issue here are some things to check

1. Air in tires, if one is flat it can cause the machine to drift to one side causing missed counts
2. Gear box drift, if the gearbox drifts under the hp arch (when pointing on drivers or pass side) it can cause mis counts
3. damaged or defective prox or cord
4. missing counter bar, or excessive rust on counter bars (ladders)
5. Bad festoon cable for X30
6. Turn the dial on the Vt to position 2 and see if the number 5 led is on, this indicates a resync error, that means the vt knows it is missing counts coming across the back (we "see" the large gap and the count is off) this will force the machine to go wide.
If you have a #5 warning, you need to really look hard at the X30 issues, cause the machine is not seeing the correct count

if you need more help please give us a call at PDQ tech support.
Mike