What's new

Laserwash tri foam

getnbusy

Reaction score
HI all,
On my LW 4000, the tri foam sprays at full pattern for about 3 seconds when the hi pressure pump comes on. It is weird because it only does it on a package that use the tri foam. It does not do this on any other wash package. Here is the sequence:
underbody
soap one
soap two
soaking
rinse (tri foam sprays out from the pods at this time for approx 3 seconds)
tri foam
poly selaant
spot free
dryer.

I'm thinkin there is a bad check valve somewhere but it is odd that it only does this on wash packages that include tri foam. It does this for every wash. On occasion it will spray just a moment on underbody. My next thought is that maybe its a software issue ??? I'm on version 20.0.a

Does anyone else experience this ??

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I have a 360, not a 4000, but I wonder if the 4000 has a charge the lines option like the 360. Kinda sounds like that's what it's doing. Might take a look at your software. If you updated it recently, that might be an option that's on by default.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Did you post in the owners forum on PDQ's website? Their techs answer up there.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Jeff_L what you are talking about with PDQ only apples to the original owner and install of the Laser. I tryed to sign up on there website also a year ago, since I instailed a used Laserwash that's in mint condition they emailed me and told me to go someone else pretty much. One of the reasons why WashWorld is kicking PDQ but is tech support for the owner.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I bought two laserwash sites last year and I was able to sign up on their forum, download manuals, get tech support etc no problem.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
GoByckeyes how did you manage to do that because I have about 3 friends also with used machines reinstalled and none of us can get tech support on the phone with PDQ or there website you have to email them and give them your phone number and explain who you are and a PDQ distributor didn't instail it. you cannot get support and I had a few words with the guy at PDQ Tryed to be nice to him and said if I buy a new machine I will not buy a PDQ just for that reason. Maybe you could tell me the secret how Bc I am sure it's hundreds of other operators wanting the same answer.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Maybe the difference is that I purchased two sites with PDQ equipment already installed. I don't remember what the process was exactly. I do remember I needed the serial number of the machines. Maybe the distributor who originally installed the machines I bought had something to do with it as I had them service them and teach us how to operate them when we took them over? For what its worth...I have used this forum ten to one and the distibutor's tech for help versus calling PDQ.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
We provide service to the first owner, second owner or third owner. It doesn't matter. As equipment gets moved around, we just want to verify that you are the owner and the site actually exists. That is what may take some time to do.

As for the 3X Color Foam, there is a fill delay in there. We fill the 3X lines during the HP Pass. I am sure the timer needs to be adjusted.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Tdlconcepts - there you go, Kris will get you taken care of!

soonermajic

Reaction score
mine does the exact same thing. Not really a big deal, but it does get on me or my boys, when we are on the front "prepping" the vehicle...

getnbusy

Reaction score
Kris,
my machine does this just as the hi pressure pump comes on, not at the end of the hi pressure cycle. It now seems to be doing this for longer than threee seconds. (maybe 5-6 seconds) It also does this when the underbody comes on. I beleive it is somehow related to a surge of pressure in the manifold system when the hi pressure pump comes on. It runs long enough that I have a few customers think it is starting a process and quitting on them. Not to mention that its wasting chemical. I will change the tri foam fill setting to zero today, but I dont believe this is the problem. Please let me know if there are other possibilities. Thank you

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
Setting it to 0 should disable the 3X Foam Fill Delay. The in-bay temperature probe controls this action. I would see what the probes are reading. You can go this by going to 100 Enter, 3 Enter.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Kris,
I have to say that I had my doubts but this seems to have worked. Incidently, the tri foam fill was set at 4 seconds. lol. Learn something new everyday. Thank you for your help.
Bob

soonermajic

Reaction score
So, all you do is 100 Enter, 3 Enter..... then what, to put it on 0 ? Mine is doing the exact same thing. Not a big deal, but it just spray foam on us, when we're scrubbing the front grill for bugs + sometimes customers think it is cutting off their 3x foam...