What's new

Laserwash 4K air hose to dryer?

cap732000

Reaction score
What exactly is the air
Hose to dryer had one distributor and one owner tell me that it's worthless never works and actually didn't hundred percent even know why it's on there as I'm hooking mine up I'm trying
To decide if it's worth the effort? Any info be appreciated.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
The air supply hose goes to a oscillating motor/drive in the center on the dryer it oscillates from side to side horizontal to help move the air and water off the car faster. When they work I think it's a nice feature. Just like a dryer countdown clock some people have them some do not. They both help the customers experience I would say.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
The airline doesn’t have anything to do with the side to side oscillation of the blower nozzles. That’s handled by a small electric motor. The air line does two things....the first is for the air cylinder on the center nozzle. There is an expensive to replace sensor on the front of the dryer that senses the back of the vehicle and will flip the center nozzle towards the exit to dry the back of trucks. It also is supposed to baffle the center nozzle to reduce the amount of air coming out when there is a very tall vehicle I believe.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Gobuckeyes that's a new one on me. You made me go in the office and pull out the distributor manual on Laserdri lol I just know when my air hose breaks it will not oscillate. The manual says the center nozzle house a preunmatically powered damper which operates on a signal from the center mounted photo prox sensor that detects the top of vehicles to restrict air flow this feature forces air on the roof as on the front and back of the vehicle and directs more air to be directed toward the front of the vehicle as it enters the drying area and towards the rear as it exits. Per PDQ Distributor manual
Air regulator should be set to 60 psi. Hey this is pretty cool learn something everyday. I have had the dryer for 4 years and didn't know the cone closes and opens restricting flow by that prox sensor and I will be checking that out in the morning and I should have known this but never had anyone tell me exactly either the purpose. I know mine is so strong it blowes windshield wipers off the windshield of my truck 4-5 inches in the air and does a great job. Thanks Gobuckeyes

Last edited:

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
TDL, I don't believe I have ever been through LaserDri that has a working baffle. Mine certainly don't work. The flipping center nozzle is nice to have for SUVS and does a decent job. Only one of my two blowers flipping nozzles work. Considering how many people with SUVS don't take advantage of it in the working bay, I don't think its worth the money for me to fix the other.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
i can't get over that PDQ back then was ahead of the curve so much when the 4000 hit the scene, and even now there are not a lot of dryers that have those features if any that I am aware of the cone restriction & prox switch which is pretty cool maybe over engineered some people may say.

cap732000

Reaction score
Good info guys! Thanks! I don't think I'm going to run the hose to mine. You talk about how pdq was ahead of the curve I recently had a d&s distributor tell me he thinks it's the best machine ever made. Heck I'm installing a used one because
There are so many on market parts are everywhere and still have a lot of ads on available!