What's new

Laserwash 4000 with VT not measuring....PEI and newhampshiretech and others

Showmecarcare

Reaction score
I'm sorry I didn't have time to go back-and-forth on the Internet and had asked him several questions my solution is replace the green festoon and cable it sounded like he had tried everything else and that fixed my problem.

lag

Reaction score
Sounds like your issue ended up being with the x30 input. The festoon cable can defiantly cause issues.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input from everyone. It was not the green festoon cable, and not the x30. i ahve no idea why it doesnt work. All indicators are that is shouldbe working , but it isnt. Not an imaginary problem. machine leaves a 4" streak on every car.

The issue is still unresolved.

Scottc186

Reaction score
I had a similar problem that lasted almost 2 months on my 4000. It would either not measure and go way wide hitting the passenger t bar or it would stop exactly in the center of the rear of the car and turn to go forward ending with an impact. After replacing just about everything we could replace it ended up being the small cube relay for the y33. I think we had 2 problems. One was the wire going from the relay base to the output card was not very secure. We stripped more of the wire to make better contact and then found a broken wire inside the actual relay. The relay was changed at least 2 times before. I have had it fixed for a week and it has not missed a beat since then. Hope this helps!

getnbusy

Reaction score
ok guys sorry for the delay again.

last weekend I hooked up with yet another laserwash technician. he had me checking serial numbers on the sonars and all the other stuff again. Since everything else on the system had been changed, I changed the SAU baord too. It appeared the new board was bad. Ordered another SAU board and it appeared to be bad too. I put the original SAU board back in and all worked as before, just not measuring. This tech was baffled too. he suggested a cold start, which I did, and no change.

his next thought was it must be the software.

The short story is.....
I changed the software, did another cold start, and totally reprogrammed the wash, and recalibrated the ultrasonics using the original SAU board. The machine measured the very first car and has been running properly for 4 days. Im holding my breath hoping that the problem has finally been found.

Thank you to everyone who offered their help. Over ten technicians responded from all across the country, Carolina Pride Inc, and PDQ as well. This was definitely a challenge. I am grateful for the forum and all the smarts from the people on here, and grateful to Carolina Pride and PDQ for sticking with me.

There is a longer version that needs to be told. I will post again in a few days

Etowah