What's new

Laserwash 4000 Undercarriage

getnbusy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am wondering can you inject a chemical into the undercarriage spray on a Laserwash 4000 ?

I have read up on wheel cleaner and rust inhibitor features, but it looks like they are thru a separate manifold at a different psi.

I wish to inject into the hi pressure spray. Can this be done ?

thanks
Bob

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
You would need to do the following:

Either use an existing solenoid (drying agent, or HP wax) or add a solenoid plumbed into the inlet side of the HP pump.

Then, add a relay to turn on solution pump, and open the above solenoid. Use the #20 output to energize the relay.

getnbusy

Reaction score
ok.

Hey whitescout how many solenoids are possible on the low pressure manifold ? My machine has 6, but there is an extra port on the manifold that is plugged up. Seems like it'd be easy to put on another danfoss. IDK.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
If you are not using either the drying agent or the HP wax, you could use one of these, as the plumbing is already done. You would need to disconnect the wiring, and wire the coil into a relay.

If you wanted to add a solenoid and coil into the plugged spot on the manifold, that is fine, but you would need to run a hose from the outlet side of the solenoid to the inlet side of the HP pump. Then, you would need to sire the coil of the solenoid to a relay.

getnbusy

Reaction score
ok. I will give it a try. Im getting that dryer deal wespke about a few weeks back goin this week too I hope. These machines are cool.
Thanks again for your help !

PEI

Reaction score
Check your programming this feature should already exist. If you do not have the Danfoss Solenoid wired yet you will need to wire it. The LW4000 has three low pressure only solenoids and up to four high pressure solenoids that can be fired when the high pressure pump is on. The four high pressure solenoids are Tire Cleaner, Rust Inhibitor, Drying Agent, and Clear Coat. All four can be plumbed to a manifold located on the outlet side of the high pressure pump.

Having done this before, be prepared for the chemical usage. The high pressure pump is pumping 36 gallons a minute through the undercarriage. It works, but is not very cost effective. It is the reason that the original tire cleaner option for the LW4000 did not go through the undercarriage.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Hey Thanks PEI. That is exactly the answer i wanted. I had noticed earlier today that there was an extra tap that is plugged off on the hi pressure pump manifold too. As it happens (just minutes ago), I pulled a danfoss valve and injector assembly off an old pumpstand. pulled the fitting and hose assy too. Figured this idea was worth a shot.

My questions are,
1. What terminal would I hook the blue wire to on the additional danfoss coil. I know in the J1 but what terminal number ?

2. Will this likely require a new system option number as well ?

I am planning on doing this tomorrow
Thank you for all and any info

Mr. whitescout, can you please elaborate on the relay portion of this that you mention. With the additional info above, would this still necessary ?
thank you to you too.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
The suggestion that I made will not require a new system item number.

You would need to add a relay into the system to open up the newly added solenoid and turn on the solution pump when the undercarriage comes on.

You would need to feed the relay with 24VAC, and have output #20 energize the coil of the relay. The output of the relay would energize the solenoid and the coil of the solution pump contactor.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Ok guys heres the follow up. I had some real knowlegeable techs from my local service provider come out to do this.

-I decided to go with low pressure rust inhibitor, not thru the undercarriage. I explored several avenues for before making a decision. I think I like it better this way. Was very simple to hook it up as intended. Got r done.

-Had shut off eyes installed on the dryer. works like a champ.

-Changed system option number and plumbing option number to allow for tri foam wax AND low pressure wax. Makes switching the tri foam off for the winter months a snap !

Thank you to everyone who responded on this and other threads. This forum and the people who read it are awesome !
thank you !