What's new

Laserwash 4000 turning short

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
After 2 low pressure passes the arch is making the high pressure pass too close to the front bumper, sometimes impacting the bumper. my experience tells me that if the front eyes are at fault the bridge should go long not short and I believe the same for the amp but not sure. I unplugged Y-40 in the JO so the front eyes are disabled and the wash goes long. I believe this would eliminate the possibility of the problem being a front prox/flag issue. Any ideas?

PEI

Reaction score
Does this error happen all day long or just around a certain time each day? If it is happening at about the same time each day then you may have sunlight getting to your T-bar eyes. If it is happening through out the day then you may have a break in the Festoon Cable. You can use a drop cord to spare out the wires in the Festoon to see if it fixes the problem. The other thing to check would be the bridge tire pressures. If you have a tire low on air the high pressure can raise the T-bar allowing it to see over the hood of some vehicles. Hopefully, one of these will help.

HCW

Reaction score
Does this error happen all day long or just around a certain time each day? If it is happening at about the same time each day then you may have sunlight getting to your T-bar eyes. If it is happening through out the day then you may have a break in the Festoon Cable. You can use a drop cord to spare out the wires in the Festoon to see if it fixes the problem. The other thing to check would be the bridge tire pressures. If you have a tire low on air the high pressure can raise the T-bar allowing it to see over the hood of some vehicles. Hopefully, one of these will help.
PEI
Our LW4000 impact on spot free pass in the afternoon at a certain time, I covered the front eyes on T bar with black rubber caps 1" long but it still does the impact on spotfree only at a certain time in the afternoon. What do you recommend?

PEI

Reaction score
Usually when this is happening at a specific time of the day it is caused by sunlight getting on the T-bar receiver eye. I have seen the sunlight reflect off a vehicle and cause the arch to turn too soon; as well as, the sun getting onto the eyes directly. The best option is to replace the eyes and relay with a set from Pantron. They are expensive though. The nice part is they offer a quick disconnect version that allows you to just change the eye and not have to constantly pull a new cable. The other option is to switch the side for the transmitter and receiver eyes. If you do this then you will need to also switch the other set or put shielding around the receiver eyes to prevent them from accidently seeing the wrong transmitter eye. Either way you will have to pull new eyes. If the sunlight is coming through a window and not the entrance or exit then you can put up a sign or banner to block the light. I have a bay that the sunlight poors through a side opening. We built a PVC frame and hung a banner that advertises the wash to the customers next door at the gas station. The banner prevents the sunlight from hitting the T-bar eyes.