What's new

Laserwash 4000 trifoam

cap732000

Reaction score
Does anybody know how
Difficult it is to add the tri foam feature to a existing laser wash? Thanks in advance

getnbusy

Reaction score
Its work but it ain worser than terrible. programming, system option number, air regulator, injectors, hoses , pods. stuff like that.

FWIW I would not do it. I have taken it off of 2 machines. In my opinion, its just too finicky and requires constant messin with. Maybe mine was never setup right, I don't know, but I think it was. The coverage is terrible too. And you're using 3 colors. also if you need weep, that's a water hog in itself

Foaming wax looks so much better when applied thru the arch. and the coverage is spot on. never have to mess with it at all.

I only had 1 customer even ask about tri foam after it was gone.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I agree with getting busy I took my pods off. You can applying through the arch is the way to go on a 4000 you can always use premium products like a carnuba wax and charge more for it instead of tri color conditioner or even a real colored polish the cars will come out a lot smoother and shiny. Its a win/win in my opinion.

soonermajic

Reaction score
mine works great, & has all 3 yrs since I bought my used LW. I never have an ounce of trouble out of 3x foam. 1 of the 6 products is coming out a little runnier than the other 5, but not enough to warrant me figuring it out. Customers love it, it's a CHEAP buyup option, but it prolly doesn't do much (except make me another $1).

gearhead

Reaction score
Took mine off (3 x M5s) for all the same reasons as getnbusy. Never went on the same one wash to the next. I have been adding one color thru the arch. Rather than adding tri foam, you may want to consider the overglow retro. I added it to my remaining 2 M5 as part of my remodel. installed myself. You will be able to upcharge more for this application. Using Simonize Hot Wax I'm at about $0.85 per car.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Does anybody know how
Difficult it is to add the tri foam feature to a existing laser wash? Thanks in advance
One issue with an obsolete machine is keeping up with innovation, technology, and changes in consumer preferences.

For example, soap, wash, rinse/wax, and dry.

Adding tri foam will lower hourly capacity because it takes more time to apply and rinse. Maybe you can charge $1.00 or $2.00 for it.

So, I’d keep it simple.

Instead of tri-foam, offer high quality water repellent like a total body product.

Make it the “wax” in “rinse/wax” above and there would be no change in process time. I’d price at $3.00 or $4.00.

Water repellent generally has much higher take rate than tri-foam because it treats glass and paint (shines and protects).

Yes, foam show goes away but it is replaced with effervescent, fizzy bubbles like champagne.