What's new

LaserWash 4000 spot free rinse reservoir overflowing trickle

zachavm

Reaction score
My reservoir for my spot free rinse (I think, it is the smaller one). Is having an overflow trickle off and on. Basically, it doesn't appear to be properly shutting off the valve to stop flow. I'm not sure how this works as it is different from the other inlet valves I've worked with. Any help would be appreciated. I attached pictures.
View attachment 1272
View attachment 1273

MEP001

Reaction score
The next time you see it overflowing, take note of the RO system and see if it's running, or if the pump is not running but there's still water flowing through it. The inlet solenoid to the unit may not be closing.

zachavm

Reaction score
The next time you see it overflowing, take note of the RO system and see if it's running, or if the pump is not running but there's still water flowing through it. The inlet solenoid to the unit may not be closing.
I pretty sure it wasn't. I've come in now and again and there is a trickle coming out. It is like the valve isn't fully closing when it decides the reservoir needs filling and finishes. Honestly, I'm not sure how it works. I couldn't even find the valve itself.

MEP001

Reaction score
There isn't a valve in that tank. There's a float switch that turns on the RO system when it gets low. The solenoid on the RO system may not be closing. Where does the RO reject go? If it goes to another tank that's higher, it could be siphoning back through the membrane.

zachavm

Reaction score
There isn't a valve in that tank. There's a float switch that turns on the RO system when it gets low. The solenoid on the RO system may not be closing. Where does the RO reject go? If it goes to another tank that's higher, it could be siphoning back through the membrane.
ok, update. I've been working other issues, but I just came back to this. The RO unit feeds directly into a holding tank. A sensor in there triggers it when the water is low. Inside the tank there is a sub-pump triggered by the float sensor in the reservoir.

I believe the reject water goes directly to a drain.