What's new

LaserWash 4000 Intermittent Arch Impacts During High Pressure Wash

zachavm

Reaction score
Within the last month or so we have started to get somewhat regular arch impacts. Sometimes it might happen after 20 washes. Sometimes it will be 60, but it has become a serious issue. I don't think this is due to customer error as it always happens during the High Pressure wash (Cycle 4 for me). Additionally, The arch always impacts somewhere on the passenger side. It varies how far up toward the front of the car it is, but it is always on the passenger side. I think it sometimes impacts the back of the car and sometimes impacts the mirror. I don't have a camera in auto yet, but my camera on the entrance suggests the size of the vehicle is not a factor.

My guess is there is an issue with the passenger side measurement somehow, but I'm not sure what would cause it to stop early. I would think if the prox switch for the right side measurement counting was going out it would go long and not short. I have not checked for virtual treadle for errors, but I plan to next time I'm out there.

Some notes that may be applicable.
  • I replaced the 1" swivel that is above the trolley due to a leak. I was hoping that spray from that during the high pressure cycle was affecting things, but it hasn't seemed to improve anything. I mention it just in case it could be related.
  • My wash has been upgraded to include the laser minder
  • My arch impact indicator plate above the arch has been sticking some though I've tried to grease it.

IMG_4905.jpg