What's new

Laserwash 4000 Firmware

moonlighterag

Reaction score
Would like to upgrade my LaserWash 4000 computer firmware. Currently have 19b and am told that I have to purchase a LaserMinder kit @ $1200ish to get it. Thoughts, comments?

Zal

Reaction score
I did it . Works well and saves trips to the wash for resets after impact. Well worth it to me anyway.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I did it . Works well and saves trips to the wash for resets after impact. Well worth it to me anyway.
How is that? Does Laserminder give you remote access somehow? I thought all it did was convert all of the printer reports to email.

Zal

Reaction score
It allows automatic reset after impact. Also includes a latch to catch spray arm if shear bolt breaks. Email is an option as well but I didn’t do it so can’t comment on it. Good updates for old workhorse in a small town market.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Would like to upgrade my LaserWash 4000 computer firmware. Currently have 19b and am told that I have to purchase a LaserMinder kit @ $1200ish to get it. Thoughts, comments?

You can get a refurbished A5000 from RDM for $425 (you have to return your old controller). Call and find out what software version is in it, but if memory serves me correctly, it should be version 20. That should give you the auto adjust around mirrors and trailer hitches.

Just know that there is a bug in version 20 where your bay temp may read incorrectly. The temp will get stuck occasionally.

Jsobi

Reaction score
You can get a refurbished A5000 from RDM for $425 (you have to return your old controller). Call and find out what software version is in it, but if memory serves me correctly, it should be version 20. That should give you the auto adjust around mirrors and trailer hitches.

Just know that there is a bug in version 20 where your bay temp may read incorrectly. The temp will get stuck occasionally.
I have a version 21 that fixes the temp prob issue. We have been running it a few years now. Works great. The original programmer Alvin made the fix for me. I also had him fix the Goldline pulse and a stuck in bay issue. Let me know if you would like to purchase one. It can burn a chip for $100 each. I have Thousands into the project.
Jon

Reactions: Zal

Jsobi

Reaction score
Version 21 behaves like version 20 with option codes and all the same features of 20 with Laserminder. You need to know your option code numbers, but no call needed to PDQ. You just need the upgraded stainless collar and impact shark fin for the impact Reset like version 20. I would also change the impact nylon collar. The nylon swells over the years. You dont need to purchase the kit. I had Alvin fix the temp probe issue, hamilton goldline pulse and an issue where car stuck in bay with blocked eye would not turn the weep back on, the machine would freeze up. He called it version 21. I have been running this program since 2020. Apparently a long bay with standalone dryer, needs a floor loop for this version to work properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zal
Etowah