What's new

Laserwash 360plus with Dryers - install question

MDrost1

Reaction score
Folks,

What is the smallest bay you have successfully installed a LW 360 in with the integrated dryers? I have a small bay. Just looking to see who has been successful with a small working space. Thanks!

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
I have a bay that is 27'-11" where I installed a LW360. The doors are on the inside and take up approximately 18" because of the bend radius up top. The rails are roughly 26' in length now (cut down) and we added precision loading. The customer is able to wash full sized 4 door pickups without any issues.

MDrost1

Reaction score
My bay is 25' 10". I have air lift doors mounted inside with a LW4000. Any hope for me? Currently I get about 23' of wash length.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
Precision loading is a set of photo eyes used for loading a vehicle instead of ultrasonics. With the ultrasonics, you have a larger window for loading. The eyes close up that window to get them loaded more precise.

Mdrost1- With the doors on the inside, you are going to lose 18" of travel. This is going to bring you down around 24'. That is going to be a small envelope, but manageable. You may be limited and not able to wash the full size, four door long box trucks. Thinking your max vehicle length (pulled all the way forward) would be around 250".

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Can you get more room if you changed the doors to roll up and mounted them outside the bay?

MDrost1

Reaction score
I could probably get a few inches. The way the bay is setup will really only allow 24' rails.

BBE

Reaction score
You could build out a bit and then use floor mount instead of wall mount for the install. We did this on one of our IBA's. The floor mounts tuck into the corners so tight that you can't even really tell.

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
i know where to get some new stainless steel rails for a short machine at a reasonable price, they were ordered long ago, and then the buyer backed out.